Working system averaging 10 percent per month

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by EvelKnievel, Feb 24, 2009.

1. As you can plainly see from what's going on with C, BAC and previously, LTCM , there is no free lunch :) The perfect hedge would be to not make money at all.

10% monthly and your money is safe? Yeah, probably true for a few months or a couple of years until it all goes to hell.

#21     Feb 25, 2009
  2. You seem genuine so I'll be less-harsh than normal. There is no system on Earth producing 20% at 3% DD. It implies a profit-factor of 7. Sure, any system can see a string of successes which produce an aberrant PF, but it's not replicable. More importantly, anyone selling the above is simply lying to you.

#22     Feb 25, 2009
  3. lol, I lost my kid, it's a girl, blue eyes, brown air and we live in the states. Her name is Sarah, please help me.
    And I'm giving more info than you do.

#23     Feb 25, 2009
  4. Hey total Keops - good news, I found your kid! She is over in the Think or Swim sponsored trading forum. :D

#24     Feb 25, 2009
  5. If you can get relevant entry data ( time and fill ), any system can be recreated . Pm me if you can get it .

#25     Feb 25, 2009
  6. In other words, you average down/up. Keep adding positions to "cost average" it. And you are willing to amass huge intra-trade drawdowns praying that it comes back.

That is called Hold&Hope and it does NOT work. Sooner or Later, it blows up when the market moves too much against your holdings.

Your system is absolutely worthless. Sorry.

#26     Feb 25, 2009
  7. Evel, your post implies you have access to the trading system. Is this so, and are you offering to let someone look at it? I would be interested in seeing what it does.

#27     Feb 25, 2009
  8. Black swan susceptibility.

#28     Feb 26, 2009
  9. Couldn't resist....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uKDOl9Ih0

#29     Feb 26, 2009