Working Out Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bronks, Mar 12, 2011.

1. bronks

bronks

#11     Mar 13, 2011
  2. Work out hard (talking weights), this depends on what your body can take. Get a cardio program going too.
    Keep you fat intake down, especially saturated fats. Eat the usual complex carbs and veggies and lean proteins, go light on the beef. A protein drink if needed. A good multi vitamin and if you gotta take a supplement then the one supplement most supported by scientific studies is creatine.
    The KISS method.
    The minute differences most supplements will (might) give someone will be worthless for all except maybe professional athletes.

#12     Mar 13, 2011
  3. bronks

bronks

I believe the product I mentioned has creatine in it.
    And I definitely subscribe to KISS methodology.

#13     Mar 13, 2011
  4. gtor514

gtor514

More importantly is the meal after your workout. This is when you really want to load up especially with protein. During your workout your muscles should be broken down to the consistency of warm jelly. Your going to want to consume as much protein as you can to provide the material for the rebuilding process which is when your muscles get bigger and stronger. A good high protein meal immediately after a workout will help to prevent injuries and minimize the "day after" soreness. A protein shake taken right after a workout can help.

I usually prepare my post workout meals ahead of time so as to ensure I get a good meal as quickly as possible. If you can't get to eating right away after a workout, take a fruit drink, soda or some candy. The sugar will stimulate your stomach and ensure blood flow to your muscles which is when it most needed right after a workout to avoid injuries. Like I said if your workouts are intense your stomach shuts down limiting blood flow into your muscles especially right after a workout when the activity stops.

#14     Mar 13, 2011
  5. Try to add fish into your nutritional plan. Besides being a very good source of protein, you get the added benefits of omega fatty acids which play a very important role in a healthy body.

As always, before adding anything new to your nutritional plan, you should take supplemental advice you receive from anyone, or research on your own, and discuss it with your health professional to ensure it is right for you and does not have an interaction with medications or supplements you may be taking.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/omega-3-000316.htm

#15     Mar 13, 2011
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

your welcome.
    they have twice as much selenium, magnesium and zinc compared to almonds.

regarding beef- yes, many bodybuilders have great results eating a lot of beef.
    however, fish meat is way more healthier.
    esp. herring and salmon contain omega 3 fats and vitamin D- so much needed in winter time when we have very little sun. and vitamin D is vital in testosterone production.

#16     Mar 13, 2011