working for a hedge fund in NY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by congoboy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Pretending to be a person living in poverty, and then making them sound like a complete idiot, is real funny even if your a Congo spot trader.

:confused:

#11     Mar 18, 2007
  2. 78, I assume that is your birthyear or iq, not your age. Before the "everyone is special and entitled to feel good" generation, there were winners and losers. And there was self deprecating humor.

The only reason someone lives in poverty on this earth is either lack of a free and a capitalistic system or lack of the desire, will and action to get out of poverty and prosper.

#12     Mar 18, 2007
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

bsparkyman

or maybe not everyone has a fair chance to succeed. How about sickness, disease etc. How about trying this one on for size "the system" fucks over some people for their own greed.

Life gives everyone a fair shake? Get real, any capitalistic system thrives on screwing over others so the greedy can have a easy time of it.

#13     Mar 18, 2007
  4. mrmoose

mrmoose

people have come ot this country with less and are billonaires now

#14     Mar 18, 2007
  5. I have met a number of African antique dealers here in NY and I found them to be very sophisticated.

This character (real or not) has a sense of humor, chutzpa, and seems to have an idea of trading.

If I were hiring I would definitely grant him an interview.

I know it is not PC to say this but there is a warped sense of security in the industry hiring quant types instead of wheeler dealers. That is why the industry is in the shape it is in.

GC

#15     Mar 18, 2007
  6. Hi, I am one of the 50 million children living in poverty in the former soviet union. I work in the sex trade and I am very good at negotiating prices for my services. I've been doing this for the last 6 years, and have risen to the top of my field.

I think I would do well if I worked at a seed capital firm, because of my experience of making people feel good, I could get them to invest in up and coming managers.

Do you think I have a chance?

Yeah, you are right all 50 million children don't have the desire or will to leave that kind of life.

Is it so funny now?

#16     Mar 18, 2007
  7. Thank you for making my point, they live under a corrupt government and system. I agree and you and I and our country should be willing to do everything to free people from this sort of tyranny.

#17     Mar 18, 2007
  8. YoungOne

YoungOne

We'll, you've got a long way to go. With enough dedication, anything is possible.

Best of luck to you,
    YoungOne

#18     Mar 18, 2007
  9. Beautifully written! I totally agree.

As for ex-soviet bloc girls. Well, it's obvious that they rather work as hookers than toil in a factory 18hours a day for 10 cents. Because otherwise they would have industrialized like the Chinese after their markets were liberalized. So in otherwords, it's a cultural thing.

And as for African tribal culture.... doesn't really lend itself to industrialization.

#19     Mar 18, 2007

10. Hopes and Dreams. Hopes and Dreams.

Sorry, you are not white. You do not have Ivy college education. You are not a genious. Good Luck with your dreams though.

PS negotiations does not do jack, if you do not know what to invest into. Negotiations are pointless, unless it is for funding the hedge fund.

#20     Mar 18, 2007