Working 60 hours a week or working 2 hours a day?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jinxu, Apr 26, 2013.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Marriage is a lot like trading

If you are a quitter you will fail in both

Many people fail at both because they blame the other person or the market for failure with the true answer for it lies within them.

The great thing about trading is it allows you to see your true self along a journey with all of the bullshit facade stripped away.

Most go into trading and marriage with unrealistic expectations and aren't prepared to handle the bullshit that will eventually come with.

Both take work
    Lots of work
    To make it happen

If you are a quitter walk away now

#51     Apr 30, 2013
  2. jinxu

jinxu

Update: So I took a 2nd look at swing trading and I'm noticing a very high reward to risk ratio with that strategy. So now I'm seriously considering it.

Just one question. How do you deal with managing the period where you're just waiting on getting in at the right time? For example. There's usually one one opportunity during the day. But it varies when so you have to wait for the right time when it appears. How do you deal with waiting and fighting the impulse to pull the trigger too early.

#52     May 5, 2013
  3. Discipline. Having a clear set of rules helps, provided you are committed to respecting them.

#53     May 5, 2013