Workin' DNDN today?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by StockyIrishman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. What are you referring to "it still shows on "SHO?""

#21     Apr 9, 2007
  2. #22     Apr 9, 2007
  3. just remember how much is at stake for the dark side, and they will do anything they can to get this thing down. It will whip all over hell, and if you're disciplined, you will get whipsawed.

have you noticed how many of these hot stocks are naked shorted? I was told the listed stuff was going to get cleaned up. Maybe it's happening. I don't know though. Still, a lot are added daily.

#23     Apr 9, 2007
  4. 2ez

2ez

What are your thoughts on this:

Out of the Gate: Dendreon Peaks Again
    Monday April 9, 10:05 am ET
    Dendreon Shares Gain Despite Analyst Warning About FDA Approval of Provenge

NEW YORK (AP) -- An analyst sounded a warning note on shares of biotechnology company Dendreon Corp. on Monday, which have more than tripled in value since March 30, but the stock continued to rise.
    A Food and Drug Administration panel endorsed Provenge, a prostate cancer vaccine, on March 30, saying there was evidence the drug could be an effective cancer fighter. The agency usually follows panel recommendations in evaluating new drug applications.

Brean Murray Carret & Co. analyst Jonathan Aschoff said the FDA would set a "dangerous double standard" by approving Provenge, which did not meet its primary goal in two phase III trials. He said the FDA rejected Pharmacyclics Inc.'s new drug application for Xcytrin for not reaching its goals, but agreed to review the Provenge application.

Aschoff has "Sell" rating and a price target of $1.50 for shares of Seattle-based Dendreon, implying the stock will lose 91.7 percent of its value in the next year.

Five of the nine analysts reporting to Thomson Financial rate Dendreon stock at "Buy" or the equivalent. Two analysts rate it at "Neutral"-equivalent and two at "Sell"-equivalent.

Dendreon were up $2.32, or 12.9 percent, to $20.37 in morning trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The stock hit a new all-time high of $21 shortly after the open.

#24     Apr 9, 2007
  5. What is amazing to me, and I' guess I'm a quasi expert on such things, I have never heard an analyst talk about the naked short positions.

How do you tell someone to sell something that is so on fire without at least a nod to the fact that there is, on top of what is reported, a significant synthetic short , the number which even the company does not know,that could be explosive? Is that notdisingenuous at best?

#25     Apr 9, 2007
  6. This stock is Rippin'! where in the $20's will it stop?

#26     Apr 9, 2007
  7. This stock could cut you off at the knees if you're not careful. I just wish I would have kept my 3000 shares at $13.30!

#27     Apr 9, 2007
  8. Or even my 3000 shares at 17.77 on Thursday last.

Thanks for the link to the SHO definition but could some one explain it in simple english. I know it has something to do with shorts covering.

Shortsqueeze.com is out of date. is there a way to get an updated [1-2 days old] % of shorts remaining?

#28     Apr 9, 2007
  9. After the close, look at the other threads OSTK CEO, Naked Shorting, and Bloomberg Special on Naked Shorting.

All you need to know from now to four pm is, the bets DNDN to fail were leveraged shorts; fails mean that they shorted beyond any legit borrow. Still, the HF accounts look "normal". The fake locate is provided by the Prime Brokers. Now, the accounts are upside down, and they are probably buying in in a panic. The margin calls have to be enormous, and the stock is still on the list. But no one but the DTCC and the SEC know the number.

But if you look at these huge winners, most are on the list. Check both NYSE and NASDAQ. And remember, there are others no one knows about. Re: "grandfathering" where everytning before 1/5/05 was forgiven. Probably some of those out there too.

#29     Apr 9, 2007
  10. Thanks that is very helpful :)

#30     Apr 9, 2007