Workers In Tennessee Forced To Take Muslim Holiday Instead Of Labor Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I can easily acknowledge the good we have done, can you just as easily acknowledge all the horrific crimes, genocide, slavery, abuse of human rights, in the name of God by white Christian Americans?

What I see continually here at ET is the comparison game....we are better than they are, so we are therefore right. That is illogical and fully unprincipled. Might doesn't make right...for if you think that might makes right, then it would be right for a greater power to conquer America and that we should all immediately bow down to that power.

Our standards should be on the basis of principles, not on the behavior of others. That's what is wrong with America...we don't have a conscience, we have a comparative rationalization game.

Who raised you, people who rationalized their sins away because they were "saved" and "better" than the heathen?

#41     Aug 6, 2008
  2. you are a bigot because you look down at anything that isnt white and christian.

#42     Aug 6, 2008
  3. im assuming most of the crew has christmas off

#43     Aug 6, 2008
  4. What I see continually here at ET (and elsewhere) is a bunch of moralizing self-righteous idiots whining all day long that if we are not a nation of saints we are not good enough even if we are 100 times better than any other country on the planet.

While claiming continually that others (but not them of course) don't live up to their "standards" and "principles" these self-righteous individuals themselves don't seem to be in a rush to return their land to Indians, move back to Europe and start paying reparations to african americans. They are doing absolutely nothing about the situation in Darfur, about the plight of Muslim women, AIDS in Africa and a million similar things. The only thing they do is keep whining that this country is not good enough for them.

#44     Aug 6, 2008
  5. jem

jem

You have proven yourself to be a moral relativist and yet here you are preaching standards.

You loathe yourself and America and when someone asks you why you out you spin off moronic blather.

It was you and your crew of haters putting our culture down - I called you out on your b s - and asked you what was better. Instead of responding to the argument you started you spin out this crap and try to insult Christians in general and my family in particular. A family you know nothing about.

You should be ashamed of yourself and your self loathing. We have quotes from you manifesting your hate and jealosy of white christians. Perhaps you could learn to stop hating yourself if you stopped hating others.
    You have participated in other threads where you refus

#45     Aug 7, 2008
  6. jem

jem

Perhaps you need to read a history book.

Before the an activist supreme court started ripping religion out of the public sphere in 1950 Christianity was so deeply ingrained in America that it was taught in Public schools and in many states you could not hold office if you did not profess a belief in God or Jesus.

I could give you cites and lists but for you it will not matter.

#46     Aug 7, 2008
  7. stu

stu

Perhaps you need to read the Constitution

That is and was always unconstitutional. It's been pointed out to you before. Are you really that proud of a religion you would condone some christians in some States were going about being so un American as to disregard the Country's principle moral and political fundamental principles as they are written down?.

#47     Aug 7, 2008
  8. Isn't that the truth.

#48     Aug 7, 2008
  9. Maybe you're the one who should do some reading. The Founders intended only to ban Congress from imposing a national religion. They would have been astonished and horrified at the notion that somehow the First Amendment would bar religious instruction in public schools. It was widespread and commonplace at the time the Bill of Rights was adopted, and it never even occurred to anyone for another 150 years that the states could not provide religious instruction.

#49     Aug 7, 2008
  10. stu

stu

Maybe you should have read and deciphered a little more carefully what I posted instead of jumping straight onto your hobby horse.
    The Founders declare it unconstitutional to require anyone to "profess a belief in God or Jesus" as a condition to holding office.
    Religious instruction is a separate issue. You might have asked yourself why the previous poster mixed them together. Possibly because he holds the same hard line bigoted religious views you do.

#50     Aug 7, 2008