Workers In Tennessee Forced To Take Muslim Holiday Instead Of Labor Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 5, 2008.

1. you bible thumpering bigots are a funny lot. you are all for freedom of religion as long as its christian.
    these people as a group decided and their employer agreed to this special holiday. what business is it of yours.
    i have a better idea. lets ban all religious holidays in the us. somehow i dont think you would agree to that.

#21     Aug 6, 2008
  2. maxpi

maxpi

To a fricking atheist a christian opening a bible in school has to be arrested..... I hate these "gotta be tolerant" people, typically it's tolerant of anything but the Bible... what a joke

#22     Aug 6, 2008
  3. So if muslims want to force their customs on others, that's ok, but for Christians to want to maintain the culture that built this country, that's bigotry.

Even as ignorant and prejudiced as you are, you should be able to see that Christians have a long history of tolerance. Muslims do not. We have enough experience to see that muslims do not assimilate but instead start agitating for special privileges almost as soon as they arrive, whether it's here, the UK or France.

#23     Aug 6, 2008
  4. the culture that built this country is "live and let live". i dont see muslims forcing anything is this case. you sound just like all the bigots who said the same thing about blacks when they started to gain some freedom.
    why dont you mind your own business and start your own special holiday if it makes you happy. you could call it bigots for christ or something.
    christians already have two holidays to honor their brand of superstition. christmas and easter. what is it to you if a few muslims in some backwater redneck state want to celebrate their brand of superstition?
    i dont have any great love for muslims. they are even more deluded than christians but i get tired of christians who try to claim the have some special religion.

#24     Aug 6, 2008
  5. Yeppers, dem Christian whiteys were very tolerant of native Americans, African Americans, women, children, Japanese Americans, Chinese immigrants who worked on the railroads....

Yessiree, Christian Americans have a long history.

Those white Christians really did a great job of assimilating to the Native American culture when they came to the new world...didn't they?

#25     Aug 6, 2008
  6. BSAM

BSAM

How many of you would object if Islam was banned in the USA?

#26     Aug 6, 2008
  7. christians already have two holidays to honor their brand of superstition. christmas and easter
    ----------------------------

Re Easter, Good Friday was a day off or most businesses closed at noon. That's gone. Christmas is X-mas. wonder if they'd try that with a Muslim word.

#27     Aug 6, 2008
  8. AAA reminds me of "Bill the Butcher," in Scorsese’s Gangs of New York.

Bill hates all immigrants and the Irish he’s fighting to the death of course. But the scene where he stares down the poster of Abraham Lincoln and is so disgusted by his image and what he represents he throws his knife with a prefect strike on Lincoln’s head. That is total AAA.

#28     Aug 6, 2008
  9. Right on cue, another America hater.

#29     Aug 6, 2008
  10. jem

jem

I have to say if you do not respect the fact that the White Christian majority in this country did more to further the cause of freedom than any other ( I know of) or at least was more important in furthering those causes than any other -- you are all a bunch of blindly emotional thinkers.

What is wrong with White Christians wanting to continue the great culture they already made. Is is perfect no. But have you seen better over the last 250 years.

Who brought you these freedoms and rights granted by the Creator - a Creator acknowledge by Jefferson to be the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.

Again white christians running this country are not perfect but they have been a shitload better than most if not all the alternatives.

#30     Aug 6, 2008