Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Dec 12, 2005.

1. duard

duard

In the end the only thing that matters are you and your convictions. If you listen to others without filtering the input through your own thought processes you'll never find your own market truisms which must exist for you to trade well over the long run.

#51     Dec 17, 2005
  2. Looks like you would like to share your personal experience with us. Please do so here freely and openly. :D

#52     Dec 17, 2005
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I was just trying to have a little fun with you. I meant no harm. :)

#53     Dec 17, 2005
  4. danoXP

danoXP

Traders:

buy high, sell higher
    sell low, buy lower

#54     Dec 17, 2005
  5. danoXP

danoXP

Successful traders do exactly the opposite of unsuccessful traders.

#55     Dec 17, 2005
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Translated this might just as well mean
    buy high, stoploss lower and
    sell low, stoploss higher.
    :)

#56     Dec 17, 2005
  7. When I read this... I wrote it down on an index card that I still read today. I changed my whole perception of trading.

"Trading is much, much easier to succeed in when we realize most of a 6.5 hour session has no edge, no bias, and no real odds of success beyond breakeven at best... The remaining minority of time offers some degree of edge with high odds patterns and alignments."

#57     Dec 17, 2005
  8. waves?

To start I would say "Market turns take a proportional amount of time in all timeframes."

#58     Dec 17, 2005
  9. Apparently this one of your posts does make sense. :)

#59     Dec 17, 2005
  10. That was a good comment.

If a person is doing continue and reverse, this is one of the best opbservations possible.

If there were any aspect of the market to zoom in on this would be it.

It is very tough to move from a buy/sell (opposites mentality) to making money optimally as represented by timing market turns.

it looks like the thread is not going to produce much in the way of informative contributions like this excellent starter.

#60     Dec 17, 2005