Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NoProblem, Apr 19, 2008.

1. I don't trade them either, but the stuff he teaches applies to stocks, commodities, futures - you name it.

Same with time frames - the stuff he teaches works for day traders and investors.....just takes a little time for it all to sink in - for me at least.

#11     Apr 20, 2008
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Usually this sort of trading rules list is cliched or of little addtional value. I liked this list because it highlights observable probabilites.

The caveat is that you need to have easy trading fluency and confidence to be operating them. This characteristic is often absent from amateur trading in general.

The key point is missing also. You must still have an accurate methodology to navigate a market, Open to Close. You optimise the points you take out of a daily market when you capture each downmove and upmove as they follow each other. This is what an accurate methodology enables you to do. For example YM's gyrations on Friday April 18 had 21 'legs' of 15 or more points (bar close to bar close). Some of these 'legs' gave sizeable numbers of points.
    :)

#12     Apr 20, 2008
  3. Every trading application should start up with a splash screen:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#13     Apr 21, 2008
  4. Unfortunately the usual "conventional wisdom" Roolz of Trading - especially from the likes of Farley - are a big part of why very few traders make it.

Make your own rules.

#14     Apr 21, 2008
  5. Lynn_cn

Lynn_cn

Thanks for your advice . I think its very useful for me . : )

#15     Apr 21, 2008
  6. bob83

bob83

stuff to think on, but this list, for most people, could probably be subtitled "20 ways to lose your money".

no one is just a few talking points away from making money...

#16     Apr 21, 2008
  7. 21. Short a market that goes up daily on bad news

#17     Apr 21, 2008
  8. And...

21. Make money

#18     Apr 21, 2008