Words of wisdom that give you perspective in your trading.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Bugsy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Yes, back then they had no idea of bipolar condition or autism for that matter. Imagine trading with only ticker tape! Livermore knew how to trade well but he could not keep it. Suicide was also an indication of his bipolar condition. Sad but he had a full life, he was 63 y.o. past life expectancy in the 1940s.

#11     Sep 1, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  2. friends don't let friends blog on elite trader comes to mind

#12     Sep 1, 2020
  3. Sorry Bugsy,

No disrespect to you. But those quotes are useless and does make money.

If you have no trading skills, you will not make money day to day. PERIOD. Work your ass off 10 hours a day on trading obtaining skills or fail. Period.

All this quotes and stuff is bullshit.

#13     Sep 1, 2020
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy

I already make money. I already have a system. I'm already a profitable trader. Not quite sure how so many in this thread seem to keep assuming I asked because I somehow think quotes are the missing component to making money in trading. I specifically stated I like to reflect on words of wisdom to help keep perspective.

I also enjoy listening to music or other aspects. That doesn't somehow mean I think if I asked what music others listen to to help them be mindful as they trade might somehow make anyone money.

This is like the third reply in this thread restating the same thing. I never once asked for quotes to help me trade. Not once. Not one time. I'm perplexed how others have perceived that. I have a system that is profitable having invested thousands of hours studying and creating that I consistently analyze.

Not meaning to sound like a dick, but I've already had to reiterate this point in this thread.

#14     Sep 1, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter and CharlesS like this.
  5. Con1991

Con1991

From my experience on ET, apart from a few posters, this is not the place to seek positivity or encouragement. It seems this site breeds and thrives on negativity, mockery, and a desire/expectation to see others fail. After a few short months here, my confidence in trading took a knock, but then I decided not to let others keep me down. They are obviously failures themselves, and don't want to see others succeed in the world of trading.

#15     Sep 1, 2020
  6. %%
    Paul Tudor Jones said early this year [2020] as a matter of public record, this year looks like 1999.Strange how he said that early,2020.
    SEPT may or may not be the best month to post this 2nd one/LOL--PT Jones told Jack Schwager ''when the market makes a new high, its telling you something''...………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

#16     Sep 2, 2020