words of wisdom from Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by olias, May 13, 2011.

1. I'm curious...

How much would Rogers be worth....

He stopped working somewhere in his mid 30's so he might have given up some potential gains there...Yet he probably stayed in the game continiously since.

He sold his NY house for +20 million after buying it for a fraction years earlier.

He has made a whole range of awesome calls providing him with many 100% baggers and more... Some misses too surely.

He speeches all over the world with probably reasonably high fees just to get him to come and talk.

He has his books, don't know how they have sold.

He has always been very secretive about this, and everyone has the right not to make his worth public, but I would still like to know on how much he is sitting today.

#11     May 15, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

AFAIK, Jim Rogers has been right on everything...eventually.

If anyone knows something he was wrong about, pls post.

#12     May 15, 2011
  3. He shorted the q's and had to cover. Of course he was right eventually but he was way, way too early. I've posted this story before.

#13     May 15, 2011
  4. Handle123

Handle123

No one is right all the time, that is why we generally use protective stops. But I have followed Jim Rogers for past seventeen years and have done very well by his calls. He is the only guy I will follow as his concepts are usually in the way I trade as top/bottom picker.

#14     May 15, 2011
  5. He said himself in Market Wizards he got wiped out in options in the early seventies.

First he like tripled his money then he lost it all.

#15     May 16, 2011
  6. Butterball

Butterball

Probably less than 1% of what George Soros is worth today. The irony of life.

#16     May 16, 2011
  7. elon

elon

They manage billion dollar hedge funds because from day one they were playing a different game. They were obviously looking for long term wealth, not the get rich quick deal.

#17     May 16, 2011
  8. he has deep deep situated knowledge that is for sure.

#18     May 16, 2011