Word on Oliver Velez?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by SuperVolatility, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D hahahahahahahahaha .... or better yet dont look up

#11     Nov 20, 2007
  2. that cracked me up :D

#12     Nov 20, 2007
  3. word is scam

smart people here

#13     May 24, 2012
  4. Some other very old previous posts on the word for Oliver/Pristine are below (from 2002 no less - ten years ago, with predictions about the same type of "training" fee he was doing then):

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9074&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

11-07-02 04:48 PM
    ..and these vendors (Oliver/Pristine) are all the same. I can't believe people are paying 2000 bucks to go to a 'seminar' like this. Of course, once you pay that kind of money, you have a vested interest in feeling that you weren't taken. It's human nature.

I base my opinions on their nearly worthless book. Vendors are vendors are vendors. It's about taking your money. If they had anything nearly as great as they claim, they'd be out their trading and don't give me all the same old tired excuses about why vendors don't trade. Or that they do trade their ideas, but still like to make the extra money vendoring. No. Vendoring is much easier money and a lot less risky.

I once paid 3k for Indigo...one of the great trading vendor scams of all time. But I learned my lesson.

gs

11-07-02 05:15 PM

Originally posted by bobcathy1
    For novice traders, these seminars...are just way too expensive for what you get.

No, no, no! They are just a way to fleece the unwary novice. PT Barnum is reincarnated as a trading vendor...I'm sure of it.

gs

Smart people posting in 2002 too.

#14     May 27, 2012
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Any reason you dug up a 5 year old thread on Ollie The Snake oiler?
    Do you have any recent experience with him or just trolling?

#15     May 27, 2012