Woodward: Bush Covering Up Iraq Violence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bush opened up Pandora's box. Not the Iraqi people on their own.

Had they really wanted a revolution, they would have had one.

The blood is on Bush's hands...

#11     Sep 28, 2006
  2. I guess we can count on the democrat media to roll out one of these every week from now to the election.

We can sure as hell hope so.

We know Fox news won't come out with the bloody truth...

#12     Sep 28, 2006
  3. Artie21

Artie21

3 a day. That ain't bad! Iran is next. YAAAHOOOOO!

#13     Sep 28, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

This my biggest fundamental difference with you. I believe that personal responsibility within a society is the key to an enlightened culture. Certainly laws are an integral part of enforcing individuals to do right. Without doubt many of us would commit evil acts if they weren't punishable. But at the end of the day it's the universality of morality that keeps segments of society from slipping into wanton violence.

It's not "whitey" who's the cause of American blacks living in a century and a half of lawless squaller. And it's not the presence of American troops in Iraq causing Shiites to blow up Sunni's and Sunni's to kidnap and execute Shiites. To borrow one of those slogans of the Democrats, "It's the culture, stupid."

There's little about the invasion of Iraq that would intrinsically cause mayhem in most societies. Especially given that Iraq was under virtual marshal law with Saddam. This is akin to TRIBAL warfare. How fucking primative.

It's like trading. If your long and the stock breaks badly after an earnings report, was the break "caused" by earnings. No. The break was caused by sellers! Only participants can move prices. We've all seen a solid company with great long term prospects shake off the news of a bad quarter with barely a downtick. Good stocks endure. Shit stocks look for an excuse to get hammered. Well, Iraq is a shit stock. The people are shit. Pretty much ANY culture with a predominance of Muslims is a powder keg. That friends, ain't the fault of the United States. Or Israel. Or anyone except those who kill in the name of God.

#14     Sep 29, 2006
  5. Then you see that a teenage girl who is raped and forced to have the child is the "responsible party."

#15     Sep 29, 2006
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Z,

Do you read your own posts after you sober up?

#16     Sep 29, 2006
  7. I generally vomit after reading your puke...

#17     Sep 29, 2006
  8. Artie21

Artie21

This is true, and we are now responsible for wantonly uncorking those tribal brutal forces.

However admirable and visionary are the Bush administration's ambitions for the Iraq and the Middle East, we must recognize that Bush has been grossly incompetent in his management of America in Iraq. Furthermore, it is time that we set aside partisan bickering (our own form of primitive tribalism) and
    call our leaders to account.

Bush cannot manage Iraq, he has no political capital left, he cannot get enough troops, he has divided the Congress and the American people.It is time to look beyond his failed administration.

Not since the height of the cold war has
    the American public been so steeped in despair, fear, and pessimism, feelings which the current rulers have exploited to maintain their hold on power.

Even Reagan, an incompetent executive with bold aims, brought optimism to the people.

I would gladly vote for any candidate from any party that would give me confidence for a new course, a healthy economy, a safe future for my children,
    fiscal responsibility, and a responsible foreign policy.

#18     Sep 29, 2006
  9. Points that reflect my views very nicely. I agree totally but that Reagan, imo, wasn't incompetent. He was lucky though. The fall of the wall partially fell into his lap. (Which inaccurately, the neocons love to give him all the credit for)

The soviet union was already crumbling from within and Poland (I think it was) was the first to take action and seize upon it. Admittedly though, his intentions of "star wars" did shake the ability of the soviet union's military budget and was the last straw to brake the camels back. He then followed that up admirably by negotiations with Gorbichov. An optimistic point in time, no doubt.

#19     Sep 29, 2006
  10. fhl

fhl

The soviet economic system was destined to fail and Reagan pushed it over a cliff. However, look in contrast at what the most prominent and popular liberal economists were saying at the time. Samualson- their economy will eventually overtake ours, Thurow- much the same as Samualson.
    So, if we're going to discuss the accuracy of what neocons say, I wouldn't want it to be left out that libs were 180 degrees wrong, and to top it off, they are now the same ones saying Reagan doesn't deserve credit for the already mentioned reasons. Pathetic.

#20     Sep 29, 2006