Woodstock moving right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Baby boomers climb on GOP wagon
    Published: 11:33 PM 11/03/2011 | Updated: 12:27 AM 11/04/2011

Dustin Hoffman’s graduate is rooting for Mitt Romney. Woodstock’s attendees are donating to the Republican National Committee. Haight Ashbury’s residents are complaining about big government.

The long-haired, dope-smoking, free-loving baby boomers are becoming majority-Republican and politically indistinguishable from their elder cousins in the so-called “silent generation,” according to a new Pew Research Center study.

That’s the takeaway lesson from a comprehensive new study of the baby boomers’ changing political attitudes released Thursday by the Pew Research Center.

“You see people in that generation supported [George] McGovern over [Richard] Nixon by 16 points… [but] many of them now are supporting Romney over Obama,” said Carroll Doherty, Pew’s associate director.

This generational shift towards the GOP has also opened up a new generational gap between older and younger voters he said. Younger voters, who include a much higher proportion of non-whites, are far more supportive of President Barack Obama than are older generations, he said.

The Pew study showed that registered boomers favor Romney over Obama by six points, or 51 percent to 45 percent.

That’s a weaker tilt than the older generation, which favors Romney by 13 points, 54 percent to 41 percent.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/03/baby-boomers-climb-on-gop-wagon/#ixzz1ckQHi0vd

2. Max E.

Max E.

Funny how this works, after these assholes spent a generation hooking themselves up with all kinds of lavish benefits through the government, all of a sudden when they have the money, and they are the ones being targeted for taxation, they no longer want to pay for it.

We should have a "boomer" tax geared specifically towards the people who spent a generation saddling us with this debt.

3. jem

jem

As you know, its inevitable as you get money, you start wanting to have it taxed and spent wisely. Not spent in way to get polticians re-elected but in a way that acutually helps people. The left mostly wastes the money and to create a dependent freebie wanting voting class.

If the left helped people move up, they would lose their voting block.

---
    While his best-known solo effort was “anti-religious, anti-nationalistic, anti-conventional, [and] anti-capitalistic,” John Lennon became a Reagan Republican a few years later, his assistant claims.
    WENN (“Lennon was a closet Republican: Assistant“):
    John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death – according to the tragic Beatles star’s last personal assistant.
    Fred Seaman worked alongside the music legend from 1979 to Lennon’s death at the end of 1980 and he reveals the star was a Ronald Reagan fan who enjoyed arguing with left-wing radicals who reminded him of his former self.
    In new documentary Beatles Stories, Seaman tells filmmaker Seth Swirsky Lennon wasn’t the peace-loving militant fans thought he was while he was his assistant.
    He says, “John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on (Democrat) Jimmy Carter. He’d met Reagan back, I think, in the 70s at some sporting event… Reagan was the guy who had ordered the National Guard, I believe, to go after the young (peace) demonstrators in Berkeley, so I think that John maybe forgot about that… He did express support for Reagan, which shocked me.
    “I also saw John embark in some really brutal arguments with my uncle, who’s an old-time communist… He enjoyed really provoking my uncle… Maybe he was being provocative… but it was pretty obvious to me he had moved away from his earlier radicalism.
    “He was a very different person back in 1979 and 80 than he’d been when he wrote Imagine. By 1979 he looked back on that guy and was embarrassed by that guy’s naivete.”

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/john-lennon-closet-republican/

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bob Dylan is also suspected of becoming a closet republican.

5. maxpi

maxpi

:eek: