Woodies CCI

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by osho67, May 2, 2005.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Dennis used to be actively involved helping in Woodie's room. Seems he is a straight guy & do not want money except from his own trading profit. Reading his blog cut down any waste effort trying to follow Woodie's CCI system.

Probably save you more time by following Dennis's system. May buy a a big house in the mountains:cool:

#41     Apr 30, 2006
  2. My experience with Woodie's CCI:

Since everyone if offering their experience, I thought I should too.

I actually went to one of the 'Trade ALONG' when he first started them. I guess it was like the 3rd one or so. I actually learned a lot. Not necessarily from Woodie, it was everyone else that I learned from. People in the audience, moderators, etc. I actually spent about 1 year in Woodies room. I ended up leaving as I just couldn't make any $$$ trading the index futures. Not with Woodies CCI, or any other indicator/system.

I decided to start trading stocks again. After all, that's where I always made money. I made the mistake of trying to trade index futures because I liked the thought of making $$$ day in and out. Or so I thought. The fact is that everyone has a different style of trading.

YOU NEED TO FIND YOUR STYLE THAT IS MOST PROFITABLE FOR YOU.

Ok, that's it. But that took me some time and money to figure out.

See, I don't like losing. But I got beat. I didn't lose much $$$, but I lost a LOT of confidence. And without confidence, you are not going to make money in this game. The first thing you need to do is believe in yourself. Face it, you're not always going to be right. Heck, you can even have more losing trades than winning trades and STILL make a living in this game. You just need proper money management. That's another topic.

I use the CCI along with simple chart patterns and candlesticks. But I use it the way that works for me. Ghost, Slingshot's etc etc. No, I don't really look at that stuff. What I do is simply look for directional momentum and buy/sell breaks of resistance/support. It's what works for me.

So, does Woodies CCI work? Yeah, for me it does, but for you? I don't know, you're going to have to see for yourself.

I am in no way defending Woodie. I am just learning that he is a scumbag and not donating any money to the MAW. If I saw him I'd like to slap his old wrinkly face and make him cry like a bitch. But, what goes around comes around and I'm sure he'll get his.

Brian

#42     Apr 30, 2006
  3. Brian

Thanks for posting, nice post. Hopefully everyone will stick to the subject. We are here to share personal experiences about Woodie's CCI system (not to judge Woodie's life)

#43     Apr 30, 2006
  4. Just got the latest SFO and the first page is an ad for the Tradealong. In the ad it states that 100% of the net proceeds will be donated to MAW at Woodies request. Im am sure Peregrine would not leave themselves open to a legal case so its kind of hard to know whats really going on. I suppose the loophole is "net proceeds" as they could pay themselves as part of the overhead.

#44     May 1, 2006
  5. careful easyrider, our self appointed moderator, "trendtech" may scold you.

#45     May 1, 2006
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Seems according to Dennis's blog there is no proof that MAW has received anything from Woodie yet. Seems the Woodie's CCI system is not making great profit either:

http://tradersparadise.blogspot.com/2005/11/woodie-cci-club-and-make-wish.html

http://tradersparadise.blogspot.com/2006/02/woodies-cci-clubcaught-in-cookie-jar.html

#46     May 1, 2006
  7. Thor337

Thor337

I've seen Woodies patterns combined with some other short term scalping approaches that have worked wonders.

#47     May 2, 2006
  8. That's a good point. If you've got an X-Trader and are only looking for 1 to 2.5 pts ES tops and you're moving 10 or 20 cars you can do "allright".

But it's a scalping methodology.

Which is why, even though I studied it and tried it out with real money, I don't trade it. Because I learned that I don't like scalping.

I'm no options strategist, but I like to potentially get more than 2+ pts from a trade (and yes, you can get more than that from a Woodie's CCI trade if the market just trends hard in the favor of your trade with no pullbacks) :)

Best,

Jimmy

#48     May 2, 2006
  9. Sigh..

The shills are out again.

#49     May 2, 2006
  10. I'm not a shill, jackass ...

and for the record, ALL of the relevant information about using Woodie's CCI resides on his website and can be downloaded for free.

So in essence, he's giving away trading information for free (I've certainly never paid'em a dime, or gone to any of his seminars, or even used hotcomm to access the chatrooms - too many idiots ...).

How much information are you giving away for free???

Sheesh!

Guess they don't check the quality at the door on this one.

Later,

Jimmy

:cool:

#50     May 2, 2006