Woodies CCI

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by osho67, May 2, 2005.

1. The house he is building is awesome..is all of that from from trading a woodie?

#31     Apr 29, 2006
  2. Yeah, that house is crazy.

#32     Apr 29, 2006
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

No, it is not from Woodie's system if you read his blog in details. Dennis has his own system.

#33     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Choad

Choad

Good lord... If that house is from trading profits, this guy is doing something right. What did that badboy cost...

[​IMG]

#34     Apr 30, 2006
  5. Quote from MrsSavant:

Who is Woodie?

Isn't CCI a momentum indicator? What is magical about this? There are many other indicators that are better than that piece.

Electric does not use indicators, as he thinks they are distracting, he does not even use charts.

Is this the same Woodie that advertises in SFO? When I saw he puts all the money to charity from his 350 buck 'trade with a woodie" seminar, I get sick to my stomach...

Dear MrsSavant:

Who is Electric? Who cares what he uses or not?

Please, don't take it personally but if you have anything to contribute to a thread please read at least the original post

#35     Apr 30, 2006
  6. It's hurbis to think that one simple pill and some fluid will enable you to get rid of a headache consistently over a period of time. Headaches simply do not reward this sort of behaviour. If they did they would cease to exist.

Over the long term the only people who drill holes in their heads will eliminate headaches. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you won't be around in a year or two.

Many different things works for many different people. That is what makes to world a wonderful place.

The above comments were meant to put a smile on your face not to poke fun at the individual poster.

Have a Great Day!!

#36     Apr 30, 2006
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

If you read Dennis's blog, he has great doubt that Woodie really has made the donation. Dennis did.

#37     Apr 30, 2006
  8. If you read Dennis's blog, he has great doubt that Woodie really has made the donation. Dennis did.

I don,t read blogs, have no time. I have been to Woodie's chatroom and I have my own opinion about trading using CCI. It's up to a trader to try indicator and check how useful it is for his own trading. Some will like it others will not.
    I don't care if Woodie has made any donations as it has nothing to do with trading.

#38     Apr 30, 2006
  9. Apparently you're not too busy to read forums.:)

#39     Apr 30, 2006
  10. Highly Myopic...

If a man lies about donating money received for teaching you how to make money trading, what makes you think he can actually make money trading?

The whole altruism argument goes out the window. What's left is a guy trying to make cash teaching rather than trading and there are plenty of those around. The reason for that should be obvious.

I actually did read the blog and since I was there before the teach-along's etc... I knew that cast of characters and I can tell you that the blogs are accurate in their assement of what was going on at the time.

Not the first snake oil I have encountered. I read an article in the LA Times yesterday about a ponzi scheme hedge fund that had called me looking for investors -- and they would pay a 5% initial and 2% annual fee for continuing assets. They said that had $150M under management in the US and offshore. Sounded too good to be true and it was - they managed to collect $8M. I'd always wondered what happened to them and now I know.

So, I would suggest if a deal looks too good to be true it most likely is. If it is in any way inconsistent it almost certainly is.

Having said that, I understood the intent of your point and I agree with it. Sometimes you can find interesting ideas amidst the junk. But is not typically the case. In this case, I backtested as much of the techniques as were capable of being tested and none of them had a positive expectancy.

#40     Apr 30, 2006