Wonder why IB is showing markets as open and moving - on saturday noon.

Discussion in 'Options' started by kcgoogler, Dec 10, 2016.

1. I wonder why IB is showing my risk metrics and pnl all off by a wide margin and markets are moving - today at noon on saturday.

Are the markets really open now?

upload_2016-12-10_13-22-0.png

2. Is this demo/sim ? I believe they are replaying delayed recorded market-data on demo accounts.

3. CyJackX

CyJackX

I'm getting the same thing. The numbers seem all off, so I chalked it up to a bug. I'm also looking at it in read-only mode, but it is my live account.

4. no not demo. live accounts.

Now everything went back to static; so they played that sim on some of the live account also i guess. I really thought markets were down 50.

5. They've been replaying those bogus quotes on Saturday for weeks now, don't get your panties in a bunch.

PS - Can anyone pull charts on US data, i.e. ES, SPY etc... all I get is "attempting to retrieve data"

6. I can only imagine some "auto liquidation" algo triggering on some simulated Saturday data...

VPhantom likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Counter-question...Have the markets EVER been open on a Saturday in the US? Ever?

8. Amalgam

Amalgam

I know prior to the mid-60s markets opened on Saturdays. I dunno when they stopped that.

EDIT: Saturday open ended in 1952 on the NYSE.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Well then...Now we know. If you open up your trading platform and it is showing you what you may think is live data on a USA Saturday, don't panic. It's not real.

10. hajimow

hajimow

I also see the same thing on my non demo account. It comes and goes. I will try to buy some futures if it shows a much lower quotes than closing quote and see what happens :)

#10     Dec 10, 2016