women traders on ET

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cashmoney69, Feb 27, 2006.

1. bitrend

bitrend

Wall Street, Douglas!
    I think greed & fear are the primary elements to make market works. No greed, no bull; no bull, no market. No fear, no bear; no bear, no market.

#41     Feb 28, 2006
  2. Oh yeah, and by the way, YOU CAN GENERALIZE REGARDING WOMEN. Maybe what you meant to say was you shouldn't generalize about women. (It would still be wrong, just not ignorant) Here's a generalization:

"The majority of women have hair"

hard to refute, but what if I said:

"Most women are less athletic than men"

again this is hard to refute, but I bet the second statement bothers you, because its more negative. It doesn't mean that women can't be athletes, and compete on the same level as men, but that does get read into it. Which in turn, upsets people by there ignorant inferences, which leads to the world problem of political correctness, which stifles communication, creates legal fees, and leave the common voter in despair.

-Keep up the good work.

#42     Feb 28, 2006
  3. bitrend

bitrend

88888accountant,
    Is Barings Bank mean something to you? For which bank are you working now?

#43     Feb 28, 2006
  4. majority of women have hair....because we are physiologically superior to men:D we are not handicaped by that nasty Y chromosome. Absolutely men are more athletic and stronger than women simply because of testosterone...more muscle mass less body fat.....sooooooo what?

edit: I personally don't consider it a negative in any sense...but a reality... as I said men are physically stronger and more athletic, not a generalization (may be a characterization)...so what?

#44     Mar 1, 2006
  5. The point was about generalizing. And you just made it for me.

#45     Mar 1, 2006
  6. Thank you for the tribute to us, I am a War vet and my stats are 36-48- 42, and no boys I won't reveal my weight. I am a full blown lesbo so please you bruts, no love letters. If I were to flip over to the other side I would like no other than $$$MR.MARKET$$$ to roger me roundly. I love the strong gorilla type. There's nothing more exciting than starting the trading day in black fishnets, thong, high heels, tassels and a whip.

xoxoxoxox Rennick

ps. BOBABOOOEEEE

#46     Mar 1, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

extremely false

#47     Mar 1, 2006
  8. Well, I believe it now that I see occupation = Pastor :D :D :D

#48     Mar 1, 2006
  9. Cutten

Cutten

The fact is that trading performance at the top echelons is dominated by men. Given the anonymity and pure performance-driven basis of trading, it seems hard to explain this huge imbalance other than that i) men prefer trading as a career much more than women, or ii) the best men tend to be better at it on average than the best women. There may be another reason for the discrepancy, but I can't think of one as of yet.

#49     Apr 21, 2006