women traders on ET

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cashmoney69, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Of those persons I have mentored, As a subset women, are more able than the subset men.

Women are better able to glean from markets and nurture themsleves to better knowledge and skills. Both are steady, bear down type efforts. Women understand readily that markets do not have a competion component but instead performance is based upon effectiveness and efficiency through iterative refinement.

Men on the other hand seem to come with several garbage bags including: hunting, warrior and sports competitiveness. All are spurt type efforts. Men tend to keep score and compare it to something they choose.

The Tucson IBD MeetUp group subset performance currently puts women as first to double form the beginning of the year and the subset of laggards contains men only. Women excell at several things: drills, record keeping, patience, inquiry, journalling, getting missed materials when they can't attend, and doing homework. Men tend to talk at meetings; women are better note takers. Women have been able to hold on entries appropriately for the most part; the most common error the men make is to either leave early (this is okay, I guess) or to hold for two cycles or not leave a FBO.

The record for time spent daily perusing sourses of info is held habds down by the woemn; men seem to have more "tips" still.

The men have more regular and frequent subgroups while the women bring more questions to the table in emails (part of the group's obligation for setting agnedas) prior to meeting.

Men and women are very different and there is also a lot of common overlap. For a scratch start in learning to trade, it is very obvious that differing approaches are used to open the doors to new places.

My contemporary sample is about 40 collectively, over time, i am running under 1,000 directly.

#31     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Sorry DonnaV,

I didn't mean to generalize about women. I just wanted to point out that there are many more men in Financial Management than women. My first post on the subject was to make a point that in many ways the majority of women [there I go again] are superior to men in several key characteristics that also happen to be a very integral part of trading. i.e. discipline, focus, commitment to adhering to the rules of their system, etc.

I was trying to make a point that maybe there should be more women in trading because their natural focus and discipline in trading is usually different from many men. Also I failed to point out that many Traders [whom the majority of are men] are not or could easily be more profitable, if they shared more of the general characteristics of women. I really don't mean to generalize any one negatively, I just wanted to point out that there is a gender imbalance in trading, and that maybe there shouldn't be.

-2many

BTW I agree with steve46, and Linda Raschke is a very good example. And I'm pretty much on par with what Grob109 is saying.

#32     Feb 27, 2006
  3. Strictly speaking calling a person a woman is generalizing... you are lumping them in with about half the worlds population after all... I'm so f#cking sick of being politically correct

#33     Feb 27, 2006
  4. I really wasn't directing comments to you personally :) you and grob have made some very astute observations

...funny thing is I'm very undiscplined....focused to the point of obsession....committed but have no "rules" ...don't take direction very well...hate making notes and recordkeeping... I have forced myself to journal once a week but its very criptic....I don't think I fit the profile of a good trader, man or woman, but somehow I make money so I guess I have good kharma:cool:

#34     Feb 27, 2006
  5. nooooooo calling a person a woman is a statement of fact. Generalizations are assumptions.

#35     Feb 27, 2006
  6. Not in some of the bars I've been in lately

#36     Feb 27, 2006
  7. :p :D :p :D :eek: what kind of bar's HAVE you been in lately!

#37     Feb 27, 2006
  8. kharma is everything, I have bought lots of SH## in my days, And some of it has been the most profitable investments..

To see my whole list of this check it out @

Forums--Trading for a living--Journal--want to share

Excel sheets with every postion updated daily....Profitable crap all over it:D :D :D

#38     Feb 27, 2006
  9. bitrend

bitrend

Very useful to know that. This kind of comment that every ET member like to hear about. One of the good reasons to join ET.

#39     Feb 27, 2006
  10. "The point is ladies and gentlemen, is that GREED, for lack of a better word, is good. greed's right. Greed works. Greed cuts through, captures, and clarifies the essence of the evolutionary spirt. Greed in all its forms. Greed for money, for love, for knowledge, has marked the upward surge in mankind since the beginning of time, and it is greed ladies and gentlemen, that will not only save teldar paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" -Gordon Gekko

#40     Feb 28, 2006