women traders on ET

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cashmoney69, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Why? If he didn't have a dirty mind it would not occur to him.... those with their minds in the gutter however.... or the inevitable christian moral majority....

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. In my opinion many women have better money management skills than men.

Not to mention most women aren't nearly as greedy as men, so their trading disciplines are less likely to be tainted in pressure situations.

Also, many studies have been done that suggest women are generally more productive in the workplace than men are.

If you take it even further, non-coed women's colleges also have generally higher GPAs than non-coed men's colleges.

So why are most Trading Firms filled with men anyway?

#12     Feb 27, 2006
  3. Because we are hunters, sharks, warriors... we will kick the crap out of grandma for a few measly points

#13     Feb 27, 2006
  4. DTK

DTK

Yes, but women are also stereotypically more emotional… bad for trading.

#14     Feb 27, 2006
  5. Cesko

Cesko

Not to mention most women aren't nearly as greedy as men, so their trading disciplines are less likely to be tainted in pressure situations.
    WHAT?? Women are less greedy? What planet you came from?

#15     Feb 27, 2006
  6. Hasn't dated my girlfriends, thats for sure

#16     Feb 27, 2006
  7. bitrend

bitrend

She means not greedy for the money but greedy for something else.

#17     Feb 27, 2006
  8. I don't want to get this post off subject, but have you ever played poker with an experienced female player?

One word to best describe it? Controlled.

I didn't say I think women should make up the majority of Traders, or take your jobs. I do think there should be more women traders than there are. And I think there probably will be someday.

However, a point that I didn't make is this: how many women who aren't already in the financial industry even want a job doing anything in the markets?

I know of very few who would even consider it. However, there are many men who would love to quit their day job and trade full time. There's probably a reason for it... maybe the job REQUIRES greed. And hence, maybe I just answered my own question.

#18     Feb 27, 2006
  9. I love it when the guys answer for us:p Depending on what you consider trading....it does not necessarily require greed. When I was told by my husband to use my "big" brain to bring in money....managing/trading money was what I could do best to earn money DESPITE my gender...personally I could care less...but thats just me. The ONLY generalization you can make about women is that you CAN NOT repeat.... CAN ....NOT..... generalize about women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit...not directing the comment to you 2manywhinners!

#19     Feb 27, 2006
  10. bitrend

bitrend

Not necessary greed but excitement, challenge, feel the win and defeat. That's why men go to war and only kill the strong ones, but not women and childrens.

#20     Feb 27, 2006