women over 30

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackjack007, Sep 16, 2007.

1. So true - I got a friend who is 28 - she's been partying a lot, staying up late almost every weekend, and drinks like crazy (she doesn't smoke though)

Her body is smoking hot - but her face is already showing signs of age - she looks like mid 30s

Also - girls who are jealous, conniving, bitter, or super-manipulative (all girls are somewhat manipulative though), it shows on their face as they get older

#31     Sep 21, 2007
  2. nitro

nitro

I wonder what the equivalent post would look like from a woman? I wish a woman would chime in. Here is what I think it would look like:

Avoid all guys that just look at your chest. That means they haven't had sex in ten years and probably forgot how to anyway.

Make sure the guy has a job. Avoid traders at all costs, as they are almost certainly losers and are looking to leach off you while they try to "get it."

Motorcycles and ONE tatoo is ok. If he has them all over his body, or he has a womans name tatooed on his chest, skip.

Bald guys. What's sexier than skin?

Athletic. Muscles, lots of muscles, but not gross.

Intelligent, but not so that he is lecturing you on everything. You already went to school once.

Adventureous. Do you really want to date an accountant that works 80 hour weeks?

Hair on chest a plus, but not a must. If he has no hair on his body, he probably had it removed with wax and is probably gay.

Kind and funny. Did I mention, kind and funny?

:D nitro :D

#32     Sep 21, 2007

3. What's funny is that society allows girls to have standards when choosing guys. But guys are not allowed to have standards for choosing girls

The internet poster Pook put it best:

Are men allowed to have any standards in women?

This is a question I find myself asking women. Women believe men only have one standard for women: their 'hot'ness. (Sometimes, these women think their standards are the same that men look for. These women will focus on a career without realizing men are not attracted to that.)

What is strange is that these standards are not absurd or 'movie-star' quality. These are simple standards our parents and grandparents had. Here are the common ones of men.

For your reading pleasure:

Italics: the standard.

Text: the El Pooko.

Bold: Feminist replies.

A woman who does not have children already.

Why would a man want to marry a woman who already has children?

Men need to step up to the responsibility of being fathers to these single mothers' kids.

A woman whose focus is on a family instead of a career.

The Forbes article already shows the responses to this.

What!? You want women to be barefoot and pregnant? 1950s are over, baby! You will accept career women OR ELSE!

A woman who can cook.

Century and more ago, a less attractive women with superior cooking skills was an attractive deal. Many girls tried to "wow" guys with their cooking skills (and still do the same today). A man might find superior dining to be a better deal than looks which often fade.

Why don't the men cook for her? This is a standard back when men use to oppress us poor women.

A woman who is modest.

Most men don't want a woman who dresses like a slut (as a wife). Yet, this standard is seen as 'insisting to control women'. Huh?

Foolish Pook! You should not judge women based on what they wear (despite us doing it to males). Any stigma or standard based on how women should be dressed shall be construed as oppression to all women!!!

A YOUNG woman.

This is biology at work. Men prefer young fertile women. Children do not emerge from old women.

This is hatred at work. Men prefer young women because they want to conquer and control the poor little girl. They are intimidated by older women because we are STRONG WOMEN.

Women who are not bossy.

Who wants to be around an unpleasant personality?

You just need to be able to handle a 'strong woman'.

--------------------------

Are men allowed to have ANY standards in women? It appears that the only standards allowed are the ones that women choose for us.

What fascinates me is that men do not attempt to change the standards women hold for men. Rather, men become a pretzel to remold themselves to fit what women want (and still lose anyway). Here are a few of the standards women have for their men:

Tall
    Well dressed
    Good job/ has money
    Can socialize, has a social network
    Handsome
    Sweet
    Confident
    Funny
    Wants to be a Good Man
    Etc.

When women express their interest in tall men, you do not hear men protesting that they should like short men. You do not hear men say women should cease looking for men with good jobs and start looking for bums (rather, they protest the expectation of super-riches which very very few people ever have). No man says that women ought to accept unconfident men, or boring men, and so on.

And certainly, men do not throw themselves at the Legislative Palace to enforce their sexual will into law.

On dating forums, there is endless discussion of what women want, how women think, how do men get them, and so on. But absolutely no one would say: "Let us demand that women totally change their standards for men."

Yet, western women do this to men all the time. Women say: "You are not allowed to have those standards."

Why must men adjust their standards but not vice versa? This is why I ask: "Are men allowed to have any standards?" You cannot brainwash the men to desire something they naturally would not (although they try).

#33     Sep 21, 2007
  4. nitro

nitro

I think that is an extremely intelligent post, and you make some very powerful statements.

The thing I will say is, people get that way because life happens in the context of their culture.

I could take everything you posted, one by one, and give you an equally powerful argument from the feminist view, the traditional view, etc. As I get older, I find enourmous wisdom in most cultures. It does not arise in a vacuum.

For example, at work next to me sits a really pretty, sharp as a tack, and super nice indian girl. I am a naturally curious person, and she is extremely friendly. One day during lunch, we talk about marriage. She tells me that her marriage was arranged by their respective parents. The parents, being wise, understand their childrens temperament and look for compatible spouses. She could not be happier, and vice versa.

Now, in the west we think that is totally unromantic, blah blah blah. Yet, if you think about it, if you trust your parents, who on this planet knows you better than they do? Geesus, most of us are some sort of carbon copy of them anyway. My point is, "love" and attraction has a cultural component, and it is this component that imo has gone bad in the west. Our culture is not wise in this respect. It has turned love into something complicated, when it is really simple.

Do you remember what life was like when you were in school? We used to date, women were attracted to men only on their looks (what appeals to them), and vice versa. It was so natural and so free of baggage. The hard part is what happens when utopia ends and life happens, as defined by our culture. But why can't things be like they were in college? Ask yourself that question, and if you think abou it deeply, a great deal of wisdom comes from it.

I claim western women are not bad. Western men are not bad. It is our culture that has turned us sour. Everyone today should study the sixties. It is the environment our parents grew up in. So much of what we are today, good and bad, came out of there. It is called the Counter Revolution for a reason.

Instead of bashing women, why not listen to them? Why not reeeeally listen to them and listen to their fears, desires, hopes? Do you really want to understand? Does she have to be pretty to get your ear? Can you understand an ugly girl?

nitro

#34     Sep 21, 2007

5. You make some great points, but I’d like to make several adjustments. I’m only speaking for myself and am not generalizing for all females. Please be advised that these are merely preferences and not The Commandments of Annaland.

Avoid men who talk to your chest. A quick and very occasional glance never hurt anyone.

Don’t avoid traders, avoid traders who cannot manage their money <b>and</b> use trading as their main source of income.

Motorcycles are only ok if you’re fit and hot. Nothing attractive about a fat dude thinking he’s a rough rider.

No tattoos of mom, a cross, wires, Asian characters. You know what, no tattoos at all please.

Baldness, it’s ok if you’re losing hair - do shave your head, no comb-overs of any shape, form or size.

Big muscles are attractive but are likely making up for smaller other parts. Fit is good. Slightly chubby can be cute but fine line between slightly chubby and fat - nothing cute about worrying whether your significant other is going to have a heart attack every time he goes up the stairs

Intelligent and opinionated but does not force his ideas or beliefs onto others.

Can hold his argument, bargain and convince. Nothing sexier than a man who speaks with confidence, NOT ARROGANCE or belittlement.

Adventurous, creative and likes to be on the go. It’s ok to work a lot but then the other time should be time well spent and not time well spent on the couch.

Chest hair, more hair is better than no hair but no one wants a year round sweater vest.

Kind, funny and GENUINE.

I also prefer men whose parents were not divorced and grew up with reliable female and male influences.

#35     Sep 22, 2007
  6. so true

#36     Sep 22, 2007
  7. Thank you.

#37     Sep 23, 2007
  8. To understand what women want you have to understand how their brain works. I present to you... just that..

[​IMG]

#38     Sep 23, 2007
  9. Banjo

Banjo

#39     Sep 23, 2007
  10. Thanks! nitro...good read...however a smart, intelligent, attractive woman I think looks first for intelligence then chemistry. I admit to falling in love with dog, but am too old and too married. However if I remember correctly my primary turn on was intelligence and a guy that was crazy about me :D

#40     Sep 23, 2007