Women in Trading

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LeonPhelps, Oct 29, 2006.

1. REDDEC

REDDEC

I remember my father telling me stories about when he was on the comex and the old merc in the 70's and 80's about women traders and even the men. there are very few successful traders on the exchange to begin with and the few women who tried to trade were always going broke and to keep there trading accts in the green, lets just say they had to wear knee pads for after market activities!!! so when they try to glamorize about women traders or how much the guy traders make, I have learned to divide that # by 10.

#11     Oct 30, 2006
  2. yep, so far this thread is doing wonders for the perception of women in trading! :eek:

#12     Oct 30, 2006
  3. mtwokay

mtwokay

Yep, going down quick. No pun intended.

#13     Oct 30, 2006
  4. REDDEC

REDDEC

you can tell alot of traders have time on there hands to post comments on elite trader!!!!

#14     Oct 30, 2006
  5. Sioux

Sioux

Give me a break RedDEC!!!! Do your homework and come back with the following info... Until about 2002, who is was considered to be the most successful Red Dec Trader of all time?

#15     Oct 30, 2006
  6. REDDEC

REDDEC

Bruce kovner(caxton corp), michael markus (commodity corp)
    Preston Semel (Floor trader and largest broker 1975-1991 comex)
    Mel schnell largest spread trader in gold and silver and front for saudi royal family, marshall persky biggest commodity broker and silent partner in what was DLJ. I would say george soros but he was a trader with alot of inside info. who do you think was a good trader jake bernstein!! or linda raschke she couldn't trade her way out of a wet paper bag!

#16     Oct 31, 2006
  7. bawawawawa lol :D

jake b!

hey, don't talk about my girl linda though ... there ya go again, trash'in women in trading.

#17     Oct 31, 2006
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol - also she is a clerk, not a trader. mistake #2!

still, id give her a good square fill any day!

#18     Oct 31, 2006