Women don't know their role in relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by antincedo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ak15

ak15

That is a reflection of their insecurity.

#71     Feb 18, 2009
  2. ak15

ak15

I wouldn't necessarily agree with you there. There are plenty of things you can say and do and not particularly as a 'correction' but as an ongoing part of the casual encounter, conversation, companionship et al.

#72     Feb 18, 2009
  3. My understanding is that <i>throwing a neg</i> isn't about ignoring her at all, but rather treating her like a bratty little sister instead of a hot chick: Backhanded compliments and mild insults, briefly walking away with your back turned, picking your teeth/blowing your nose to demonstrate lack of concern towards how she perceives you... stuff like that.

#73     Feb 19, 2009

4. Ahhh someone who actually GETS IT !!!! Nice one mate :)

".....bratty little sister....." those are the key words

#74     Feb 19, 2009
  5. I imagine that if a guy wants to score points with putdowns and such, then they had better be very obviously playful and innocuous putdowns, to the point where they are not really putdowns at all but merely expressions of playfulness. And I would agree that there's nothing wrong with being playful. Assuming we are in agreement here, I wonder why the approach would not then specifically be characterized as "playful."

As for the "picking your teeth" part, I think that may suggest overcompensation. ("Look at me, I'm not awestruck. Really.") Just my opinion.

#75     Feb 19, 2009
  6. Cutten

Cutten

"Other things being equal". If that guy had a twin brother who was just as good looking and charming, AND was a multi-millionaire, or high achiever in some other field (e.g. ran a charity, was a popular politician etc), he'd probably have got more of the attention.

Looks matter. So does success. Both are appealing characteristics for most women when they're considering a guy. But whereas looks fade, wealth usually increases with time. Lots of people define success in money terms, so for lots of women it does matter and does affect how they treat you. This isn't some theory, I have noticed it in my own life, so have people who have made a hell of a lot more money than I have. As the dollar billionaire Felix Dennis says "Money might not make you happy, but it definitely improves your sex life".

#76     Feb 23, 2009
  7. dve250

dve250

It depends on what you want from the relationship. If a girl acts bitchy and you're willing to put up with it you might get a screw out of it. If you want a lasting relationship then a girl who truly likes you will not act bitchy when you're communicating with her or out on a date. If she does act bitchy and likes you then she has mental issues and you probably should back off and wait for someone better.

#77     Feb 23, 2009