Women and Unemployment

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, May 8, 2011.

1. pookie

pookie

Yes, keep. I believe most women are raised from day 1 to be subservient and dependent...and I totally agree with you...that more than ever before because of beauty industry, etc. I think it's true more than ever that girls/women are inundated with the message that her looks are the most important thing about her...and I detest that message and what it's done to women...and men.

The reason some women...and some men...are less happy because there is an adjustment period to the new roles. I think more often than not, that women still assume most household chores and care of the kids, and that most men feel more responsible for bringing home more of the bacon. In general, I think that men and women are putting too much time into their jobs and not being able to spend time with their kids and to have a little leisure time.

Look what's happened to our society. We've gone from one person working 40 hours outside the home, to two working 100 hours. So, yes, I think that, generally, people are less happy...including the kids.

What I think would work best for all is for each person to have their own outside thing, but cut down on the hours worked...say to 30 hours a week... and to divvy up chores at home and for both parents to be sharing time with their children. I think this creates more of a balance and makes for more happiness all the way around.

#11     May 8, 2011
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok, it's confirmed your an even bigger idiot then I thought. Its none of your business who works and who doesn't. Most definately gender and marital status mean NOTHING on this item.

Such bigoted ideas don't belong on a public forum.

#12     May 8, 2011
  3. Honestly speaking rich people (men and woman) should not occupy work positions in office and factories. I have seen rich people arriving at work office in expensive cars. When rich people occupy work positions the poor and needy people remain unemployed and they do not have money to feed their families. This increases crime in world society and when criminals target rich people they start crying and rush to the police.

If you are rich, go on life-long vacation on a cruise ship or African safari or visit royal Rajasthan in India. See the world because nobody knows when a person will die. Do not suffer in a small office building.

#13     May 8, 2011
  4. Power corrupts the mind of people. Some women acquire high profile position and they think they can dominate men (Example, Hillary Clinton)

I have observed many women want to dominate men with the help of money and power. Many women (not all) want men as slaves.

#14     May 8, 2011
  5. Exactly what I would if am rich.

I took long periods off work when I could afford it. I did contract work in IT and I sure loved Rajasthan, the Himalayas, etc, spend many months in the continent on several occasions.

#15     May 9, 2011
  6. Women were second class citizens and slaves for too long! Now we have a few (still very few) women with good jobs, some losers are crying that men are slaves.....lol

#16     May 9, 2011
  7. I read some media reports saying "Egypt revolution was started because a woman police officer slapped a young man". Some woman police officers worldwide (not all) think they can dominate men because they are woman police officers/law.

Men/Males are dangerous (God's rule/law).

#17     May 9, 2011
  8. Would there be gigantic productivity gains if such a thing happened or were legislated? :confused: :D

#18     May 9, 2011
  9. What are the women to do? Begging men for support? What does a woman do if she has no husband or other family? lol

#19     May 9, 2011
  10. World men should help and support women who has no husband or other family.

Men should be true gentlemen.

#20     May 9, 2011