Women and life balance

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by SillyWilly, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I started at 18yo buying real estate then at 21yo joined the Army, forty years ago, first 6 hours I spend at Merrill Lynch learning from older men about fundamentals three days a week and other 2 days was attending full time college, then later afternoon played solder in refrigerated warehouse, more like freezers. Much easier back then to learn bout markets and dating, no home computers, you used graph paper, pencil and ruler. After was working for the gov't in 2 separate positions and kept racking up college degrees, got married to wrong woman with son or more likely I was wrong man, deep desire to understand price, years went by, I liked her son more than her, was able to teach son at his age 6 and he took interest in it so long as I played Lego's with him too. Never knew I had Aspergers back then, most likely why I failed at marriage, I was smart but very dumb regarding women, never felt comfortable, I can't read people's appearances at all. I am very much on/off, and I lose interest in women very fast, most too hmmmm dumb, yes, not nice word. But I avoid women who knows anything about financial world, they will hound me to learn.

Avoid telling women anything about the markets, most have no clue but they want to spend what you make. True friends there for sickness and happy time, never ask for loans or if I am willing to teach them-I won't as it will end relationships. Never loan a friend money, it will end relationship, being there for them is greatest gift anyone can give=TIME. I find it much easier now, age 61yo, to make acquaintances who can turn into friends, you fit into much better with other successful people, there is much less pettiness and age has a way of getting rid of most of ego's, now conversation is more of health and WOW she has decent "cans". Sorry Xela.

Initially to trade for the money, that fades at some point and I totally lost or maybe never really understood value of money, some point you stay long enough, you attained goals you set for yourself, some point you change to use percentages of loss, trying for what seemed to be impossible=no risk. You make goals where most say can't be achieved....

Women come and go, I noticed as a scalper takes greatest time to get good but bad side of life, relationships with women been fast as well, "cut losses fast" and run with the winners but they end as well. Funny, I have developed rules for dating as well...to give them more time to possible work out, just seems when I discover who they are and thinking of spending my lifetime with them, OMG, cut losses fast.

Don't tell anyone how much you make, they most likely will hate you, you lose friends. I have it down pat now when asked how are the markets, I bring out disgusting look then look at ground and say "things could be better", hell yes things could be better, am wondering if they can make a Lamborghini for guy who is 6'6" and 250lbs, yea I want enough space in it for pitbull to safeguard it when at Walmart.

Never really worked for anyone in finance, have had businesses I bought into or started on my own. Am not real good at working for one person, always liked big companies so I could not be discovered and slip into the cracks, I enjoy physical jobs and detest going to the gym. Have traded for a couple hedge funds at home-can't stand all the tight rules and been CTA for self-can't stand all the calls especially when they are up funds-"think it time to get out"?. Always want to reach through the phone and ....going to start a hedge fund with a buddy-I will make my rules.

It very easy at some point you thinking you a god of trading and can't do no wrong, but Mr. Market shows up and proves it doesn't care about you and will take all that you have away--I didn't learn "cut the losses" after first time, then you don't want anyone near you, cept "MEDIC MEDIC did you hear the news, this idiot lost it all a 2nd time". OMG suicide road again, weeks turn to months, then back to working 10,000 hours in several long ass years and going to work each day-some point I disliked the people at that job. Am the minority in El Paso and can't stand nothing but Spanish speaking 12 hours a night.

Retired at 41yo, had made enough, much real estate/businesses and saved in bank, did the all world tour again but much slower, bought a long bus and toured USA, sometimes with GFs and often without as much easier than hear them bitch about something. It funny some gal when I meet them use to standing in long lines, six months later after getting use to certain privileges-drama queen. "Cut the losses". I got tired fast of touring, sold bus but enjoyed driving it, went to school and got CDL and took job as truck driver, loved it and traded/coded in my truck-over one million safe miles driven, "breaker breaker 1-9, Barney Fife northbound side 55 middle playing rent a cop, hammer down after to Chi-town". Trader-Ghost out....

I don't believe in retirement-that like waiting to die on some golf course for me, others find it fun.

But am in a phase of finding some chick for long term-she has to be intelligent and insane at same time to keep me happy- like the markets, and I will make time for her to come into my life. You guys think I only go to Starbucks for coffee? I think we all come upon a time where we are ready for it to happen, but now I don't think of in terms of a wife, too many legal issues, buy a home through my corp and let her rent it for a buck, not interested in too many overnite stays any more, not going to lose it a 3rd time, but I am proud to say have lost 8 bedroom sets and still have bank account. Yea, never let anyone know you have a couple bucks, they will find way how to spend your money. Keep your mouth shut and don't pick up tabs.

@ktm and others have traveled the same roads, you learn who you are, learn to work hard but smart and enjoy the ride instead of the goal-always readjust your goals higher in baby steps.

Much luck.

#21     Apr 28, 2018
  2. qxr1011

qxr1011

there are two kind of women: one that marries a man to make themselves happy, the second one that marries the man to make him happy

only if you lucky to get the second type there is a hope that your marriage will survive trading

#22     Apr 28, 2018
  3. niko79542

niko79542

#23     Apr 28, 2018
  4. Jack1960

Jack1960

Stop over hinking. Just do what feels right

#24     Apr 28, 2018
  5. Wow you guys are amazing. Thanks for all the advice!!! I was be referring back to this thread when times get tuff.

#25     Apr 28, 2018
  6. nickynoes

nickynoes

I think you’ll have a greater chance of finding true love once you let go of binary characteristics and start seeing the person behind it.

When you like a flower you pick it, if you love it you water it everyday.

Loving someone is setting their own needs before yours and having a person you want to help succeed in life, seeing them happy because you contributed to it is more powerful than any solitary success will ever be, no matter the magnitude of that effort.

#26     Apr 28, 2018
    tommcginnis and WhiteNapkin like this.
  7. speedo

speedo

Learning to trade and learning to behave as a trader require a lot of time and effort. Once you've done this (and most don't get this far), trading becomes relatively easy. Sure, you'll have to make technical adjustment along the way as the markets change moods but intensive, focused efforts must be made. Those who do make it generally have the initial strong drive and interest to carry them through. Those who don't come on ET to whine about how it can't be done.

#27     Apr 28, 2018
    TreeFrogTrader, SillyWilly and Xela like this.
  8. nickynoes

nickynoes

You have to learn to let go of the obsession, once you do, trading becomes easy and carefree as it should. Less is more.

#28     Apr 28, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  9. speedo

speedo

Once you get to where you need to be...yes.

#29     Apr 28, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. nickynoes

nickynoes

Sometimes I wonder if trading is as easy as it should be naturally. And all the studying and pushing just makes it more complicated. Experience is needed to relax and get comfortable. In the future I want to teach my girlfriend to trade, that should bring some interesting insights.

#30     Apr 28, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.