Woman auctions self and kids on eBay

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jzlucas, Mar 16, 2006.

1. She wanted to escape her abusive husband, so she figured what better way to rid her family of this guy than to hit eBay!

"This relationship can be what you want it to be," the ad read. "It can be casual or friendlier which could lead into marriage if we see fit whatever would benefit my children and of course you and me."

In response to a barrage of angry e-mails, the woman tried to explain herself in another posting.

"I am strictly looking for a decent, loving and kind man who can give us love and a nice home and take us away from all this turmoil," the woman said. "I am a wonderful person and mom, I know this seems unusual to post an ad like this but it is better then the bar scene."

EBay agreed this week to pull another controversial ad off its Web site. The ad offered the friendship of a 16-year-old Houston girl to the highest bidder.

In March of 2005, Stu Hemesath reportedly took Rachel Kay to her senior prom in Cedar Falls, Iowa, after Rachel had placed the winning bid for Stu on eBay for $29.95. The price didn't cover the limo and flowers.

And in December 2004, a 6-year-old boy Hobart, Ind., apparently asked his mother to sell his grandfather's ghost on eBay. The boy, Collin Anderson, had reportedly been afraid the ghost might return someday to cause him trouble.