Wolfe Waves Paterns

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gpgpgod, Dec 26, 2006.

1. gpgpgod

gpgpgod

No problem,
    Do you have any thoughts on the subject?

#31     Dec 26, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Buy when the market looks strong. Sell when the market looks weak. Keep losses to a minimum. Use whatever indicator or pattern you wish. The pattern is less important than keeping losses to a minimum. Keep the entire position on until maturity. Please send the money to a charity since I have provided the system to you. Thank you for your time.

#32     Dec 26, 2006
  3. gpgpgod

gpgpgod

You are right of course, but...
    do you think discussing an indicator and sharing thoughts about it is wrong? why?

#33     Dec 26, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Discuss it all you want. I discuss indicators all the time and use them extensively. However, I am just pointing out that you do not need to send anyone any money for their indicator. The first order of business is keeping losses small, then the discussion of the indicator is fine and more complete. Forget about how much can be made and focus on what can be lost. Where in the Wolfe Pattern should stops be placed? This is the first order of business.

#34     Dec 26, 2006
  5. romik

romik

#35     Dec 26, 2006
  6. gpgpgod

gpgpgod

I agree 100%.
    I opened this thread to hear other views on the pattern, no money is invovle whatsoever !!!

#36     Dec 26, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Where in the Wolfe Pattern are stops (mental or otherwise) to be placed?

#37     Dec 26, 2006
  8. gpgpgod

gpgpgod

The 1-4 line is the EPA, or price target. in your pattern the cross is very near, if you take the trade from about 1424.25 you'll get a runner for about 5 tick + you got MACD and RSI confirmation.
    not bad at all.

#38     Dec 26, 2006
  9. gpgpgod

gpgpgod

Not sure, the long pattern runs between 1-4 and 1-3, 2-4 X as my entry and if it hooks back and X I stop. the 2-4 becomes the resistence line. I encountered a few times when it hooks, touches the 2-4 and back on its way.

#39     Dec 26, 2006
  10. bobnat

bobnat

There are a couple of in-depth discussions with plenty of charts on WW on two other large forums, both of them being Forex forums. I'd name them, but I'd probably get banned. Do a search on Google and you'll find them.

I just sent you a pm with the addys. Good luck.

Nat

#40     Dec 26, 2006