Wolf of Wall St. style party

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jul 8, 2016.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Moore Capital PM Fired After Raucous Hamptons Party
    Jul 7 2016 | 10:47pm ET

A portfolio manager for Louis Bacon’s $15 billion hedge fund Moore Capital Management has been fired after a Wolf of Wall Street-style pool party he threw last weekend allegedly trashed a rented $20 million home in the Hamptons.

Brett Barna reportedly rented the home through online portal AirBnB under the premise he would be holding a “50-person fundraiser for an animal charity”, according to a MarketWatch article citing the unidentified owners of the 14-bedroom house in Sag Harbor.

In the event, more than 1,000 people attended the party, nicknamed Sprayathon, and which has been described as being “awash with champagne” and replete with “scores of bikini-clad women and costumed gun-toting midgets.”

Multiple media outlets have reported that the owners were threatening a $1 million lawsuit against Barna, although the status of those plans could not be ascertained.

“Mr. [Brett] Barna’s personal judgment was inconsistent with the firm’s values,” Moore Capital said in a terse statement issued on Thursday, “He is no longer employed by Moore Capital Management.”

Barna joined the hedge fund manager in 2009 after stints at Perry Capital and Lazard, according to his LinkedIn profile.

from FINALTERNATIVES

2. wish i knew about the party, i was near sag harbor!

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

gun-toting midgets :D:D:D

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Who in their right mind would throw a party like that?

The bikini-clad women are the ones that should be holding the guns, not the midgets!

:fistbump::D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    JackRab, Rationalize and conduit like this.
  5. TradeCat

TradeCat

Guy holds a party. Guy gets fired. The world makes no sense anymore.

Rationalize and conduit like this.
  6. if it's a 20 mil house he was renting on airbnb, chances are the owners knew his bosses

antiseptic likes this.
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

8. Nothing good usually ever comes out of hosting a party.
    [​IMG]
    :banghead::confused:

9. conduit

conduit

Exactly. Sounds super lame. Advertising with champagne and bikini gals sounds like a cheap Miami Vice 1988 rerun.

More interestingly is that the PM got fired for decisions in his personal life that clearly are not affecting his work, if then the employer should directly mention which part affected the performance at work. Its like "Hey mate, I have seen you attend a church last weekend. I don't like it. You are fired". Wtf. So if my personal judgement makes me be against assault rifles and my boss is an NRA fanatic I need to now fear for my job? Ridiculous

10. conduit

conduit

Omg. Did you look at the photos? 20 million for this shitty looking mansion? It looks more like it's right before breaking apart. Even social welfare housing in Germany looks better than this crap home. And take a look at those attendees. Looks more like a community college spring break party. I am sure that PM got fired for associating with hooligans and pimps. If that is the standard of hedge fund employees partying around New York today I am glad I moved jobs from NY to Tokyo and now HK years ago.

#10     Jul 9, 2016