WMT - @ a six year low

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by oil_trader, Oct 7, 2005.

1. WMT - @ a six year low
    buy or a sell?
    I think it will hold here and I am considering a scale in buy for the LT - not a trade but a long term move....
    [​IMG]

2. I've also been looking at this with some interest. On my charts (sorry, can't get across yet - too lazy to upload), 9/16 confirmed a new low through the down channel which has been followed from high in 3/04 (look at weekly chart). Low end of the down channel was $44.50.

So now it is doing the usual post millenial churn around the breakout point, so for now what its doing is just all noise to me. Waiting for some confirmation of something, one way or another.

If you are looking to scale in, you probably can't go too wrong buying some around here, but I'd like to see the P/E a little lower than 17, particularly now that the company is mature and a 6 year low at that PE is hardly 'cheap' from a value perspective (& the 1.3% dividend yield is hardly much of a cushion tho better than none) If you want to, stop out at 42 and buy back 38-40 if you get lucky.

Or you can do what I am doing and wait until later on in the month when things will have mostly shaken out and strategic positions can be started.

just my opinion. usual disclaimer - consult with your investment advisor, tax advisor, lawyer before investing blah blah blah.