WizeTrade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wow321, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Thank you! Some one understands that I am not going to post them AGAIN so that DOT can be happy. When they were posted before, there were those who could do no more than criticize the amount of time that I spent working with such crappy software. Not that the trades didn't work mind you. Just that the testing was not making major returns that a "blackbox" system should.

I stated then that I was testing a new method for using the WizeTrade software and it did require a volume of trades to prove the point. There were even other WizeTrade users who posted screenshots to query my entry/exit strategies. Again, no one disputed the trades, just the software. There were even posts that stated things like, "Your success here was probably due more to your own trading ability and not the WizeTrade software," or, "Good trade but I would have done it differently."

This was done on TWO separate occasions. I had over 80 posts myself regarding the trading theory that I was setting up. Then the tread was removed. I started another, only to have it too become a diluted battle ground for folks with attitudes about the company, the president, the sales staff, etc. Everything but whether or not the software seemed to be working. And then it too disappeared into the abyss. NEVER again will I undertake that task. The depression would be unbearable to too many along with you.

I was told that many moderators here at Elite hated the product and that they may have removed the threads for their own personal reasons. They supposedly do their best to only promote things that they believe in. Always defending the "newbie" from the snake pits that are out here.

And I also would hate to see you with hell depressed out of you. So for your sake, unless there is another ACTUAL WizeTrade user that has something valid to say on this thread I'll be glad to let it drop. Basically because there IS no positive happening here. Just banter for banter's sake. For ME, I've made my point! :)

#51     Oct 30, 2002
  2. LOL, good one. :D

#52     Oct 30, 2002
  3. jhs

jhs

I've been trying to get better feedback about Wizetrade. (My parents bought- or should I say were conned into this a few months ago)

My parents purchased this $4,000 Wisetrade package during a Houston TX based "free lunch" seminar.

Unfortunately, it appears that Wizetade is run like an old fashioned MLM scheme. I am still looking into the situation, but that is my initial assessment.

What is Wrong with Wisetrade? (beyond all the negative feedback on various stock trade web forums)
    -1. "Sleazy" $ back refund policy:
    Father purchased the package. Never successfully used it to support a single trade. Tried to return it. Had trouble working trough red tapes. Gave up on the return. A couple weeks later, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor! We are rallying around this issue. I email Wisetrade through their web form about the situation. NO reply was received! The return period has now elapsed.

No legitimate firm would refuse a refund request under the situation noted above. (The $4k could help pay medical bills that get by Medicare..for chemo, etc)

Now I hear you can't even resell the software once you buy it..Give me a break!

Wish they had logged on here to research this issue BEFORE buying.

#53     Dec 8, 2002
  4. Sorry to hear about all the troubles there. And yes, there are many firms that would say tough about the deal once the return period was through. I have a cousin who worked for a government agency that looked into return policies of many things and this is sort of the norm. Now, are there firms that would not follow the poor trend of leaving you out in the cold? Sure. I would say put in a call directly to George Thompson and see what he says to you directly.

Again, no defense of the company here. I still say the training needs help. As does the customer support and I would hope that it is improving. But having added 10 new students in the past three months it doesn't seem as such. And yes, they do not accept resale that they don't approve. But maybe they will in this case.

In any event, I'll bend a knee tonight to offer a prayer and a hope for better health for your dad. :)

#54     Dec 8, 2002
  5. jhs -

Very sorry to hear about your father. Hopefully the doctors will be able to help him.

I am absolutely NOT a supporter of WT (just the opposite) - personally I think they're a scam operation with a schlock product and a sucker pitch. But realistically, unfortunately most companies would not refund the purchase after their stated return period was up.

Buy a PC or TV from Circuit City and try to bring it back for a refund after the return period with no claim of defect - won't happen. Buy a car for cash and try to take it back for a refund more than 30 days later, again with no defect - you're not getting your money. In either case, even if there was a claim of a defect, the best you could hope for was a replacement or being referred to the manufacturer's warranty - but not an outright refund.

That's just how things work - there's a moral argument in your case, but not a business one (unless you can prove that your father tried to return it within the return period but WT delayed the process and pushed it beyond the timeframe). Most companies wouldn't consider it their problem anymore than the bank is likely to forgo the mortgage indefinitely due to an illness.

Hope your father recovers. Best wishes.

#55     Dec 8, 2002
  6. Hi All,

I want to stop trading. Currently I am using two softwares and want to sell both. They are Wizetrade 6.0 & Advanced GET 7.6 EOD complete with manuals and security lock. Both will be sold with special prices.

If anyone interested, please email me at westcoast_us2000@yahoo.com. This sale will be based on first come first served basis. Thank you.

#56     Dec 9, 2002
  7. that's the lamest excuse I have heard in awhile..

I can see how depressing It hear this stuff..

CUT THE CRAP..ok...canyonman..it's embarrasing

#57     Dec 9, 2002
  8. ??? If you use complete thoughts and make complete sentences I might be happy to address your issue(s). What part of my statement didn't you understand? It's been rehashed many times and I won't be going into it again. The (My) posts were removed. The hostility does exist, justified or not. And I do enjoy using, and training in the use of, the software. None of those points is debatable. :)

#58     Dec 9, 2002
  9. Atleast Canyonman is on here, and is answering the messages. I am not a Fan of the software either.. But, I haven't seen him on here trying to sell the software. As I am a Software Tech also.. I have had to deal with issues with software I was not a Fan of.. Like Windows.. Who hasn't had problems with Windows.. Everyone, can hate Bill Gates for it.. But, guess what.. People still have to use it all the time.. Without changing to a Mac (like I have) you get it when ever you purchase a complete system.. Not, to get too deep into this Fact.. I feel he does his Best to answer all the questions he gets.. Just, thought I would bring this up...

#59     Dec 18, 2002
  10. however I might go to a free seminar of W.T.

next week in nyc during regular market hours ...

who knows ... maybe I will take my laptop and buy

when W.T. gives the signal :p

#60     Mar 7, 2003