WizeTrade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wow321, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Interestingly enough, there was a thread here at Elite that I started regarding my own interest in WizeTrade that has been whisked away. On that thread, I disputed several issues from a technical perspective regarding the operation of the software. Having personally spoken with Baron, I was informed that several folks with removal powers do not care for the software and they probably removed the thread. You see, most positive stuff or favorable responses to the product are seriously frowned upon.

Otherwise, I'd also provide you with a another set of WizeTrade links that had some additional information. I did start another thread that was several pages long but it now seems to contain one page:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7330&highlight=wizetrade

If I find another I'll put it here also. Maybe some positive stuff might come from all this yet. :)

#41     Oct 29, 2002
  2. dottom

dottom

Maybe you can kick start the thread by posting some trading statements along with screenshots of how those traders were signal with the software?

#42     Oct 29, 2002
  3. Yeah right !

Just looked at the wizetrade web site, trading w/ that is like being a cab driver in NYC and only being able to see the traffic lights (no cars, trucks). You may get a few right ...then SMASH !

So if they can program a dam light, that's a signal (right?), why can't they give u a performance report ?

Maybe it's better they don't. We need more consultants to show us how to use a system that's supposed to make trading simple ?:confused:

#43     Oct 29, 2002
  4. I even did that a couple of times, along with some of the actual trades that I was in. That thread was LOST too. It was even being responded to by some other folks who actually owned the software and were in various stages of learning how to use it in their styles of trading. There were a couple of other WizeTrade threads that were not bashing the software and they are now gone too. Go figure. :)

#44     Oct 29, 2002
  5. dottom

dottom

Why not post them again? Post some recent ones from the past few months. The best way to prove your case here is with real live examples.

Use Snagit to take screenshots of the WizeTrade software and show where the green lights indicated a trade and then show the corresponding brokerage statement.

Nothing is more powerful than actual trading statements.

#45     Oct 29, 2002
  6. Because this program was designed for users who did/do not desire a performance report. It requires you to trust in the software exclusively. Which in turn might require you to do extra homework and read a manual on what you are to be watching. Trouble is, the manual is not as concise as it should be. For some.

The recent Wizefest was well attended and I easily saw over 500 users (from across the country) who are not having many troubles using the software. But then again, maybe it was us who were in attendance who truly don't understand that we aren't supposed to know how to use this crappy software.... :)

#46     Oct 29, 2002
  7. Been there, done that. There were other WizeTrade users (there are some out there) who started confirming some of the info independently. Now the threads don't exist.

I am not trying to convince you (or anyone) about the WizeTrade software. I'm merely saying many have opinions that differ from mine. For those who have the software and need confirmation that it can be made to work, I (sometimes) lend a hand. For others who don't own the software, I'll happily continue to just be the dissenting party. :)

#47     Oct 29, 2002
  8. dottom

dottom

I haven't seen the threads, so please post the trading statements and corresponding screenshots for my benefit. I'm sure many others haven't seen the threads you're talking about either.

Here's your chance to start a new thread. There are enough eyeballs now that whatever "deletion motivation" you speak of I'm sure will not happen. You can even start a journal if you so desire.

But like I said many times before, there's no proof like a trading statement (and corresponding screenshot to show logic of trade as generated by the system or method, whether mechanical, systematic or discretionary).

#48     Oct 29, 2002
  9. So there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll. :D

#49     Oct 29, 2002
  10. dottom

Wizetrade is a joke. Most people can see this.........let it drop already. If this guy was going to post his trading statement he would have done so by now.
    Every time you post to this thread and it goes back to the top..........It reminds me that people actually buy into this crap and it DEPRESSES the hell out of me.
    Please let it go.

#50     Oct 29, 2002