WizeTrade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wow321, Oct 24, 2002.

1. trdrmac - there are more than just those three ways to make money in the market

canyonman - indeed "that there are SOME who use the software successfully is the point". It is very much the point. The WT ads are telling people that for a mere $4K any flaming idiot can make a fortune in the market because all you have to do is watch the red lights and green lights.

That only SOME manage to make some money using it (and clearly from your posts those few souls who manage it are doing more than just watching the stupid red lights and green lights) is exactly the point.

Their ads don't say "throw down your $4,000 and PERHAPS you will be one of the lucky few who'll make money". They claim that anyone will make money using the POS and all the shills (including employees pretending to be customers) that they've got their little infomercials and traveling roadshows loaded with try to reinforce that.

When the sales pitch is total snake oil - people should exercise extreme caution.

#21     Oct 28, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

Agree, and this unfortunately is what most of these pitches are, and not just in the stock market.

#22     Oct 28, 2002
  3. Thanks. And that is the very point of contention that I have expressed with the company (and here in the thread). As simple as they make it sound, there still is more to it if you are going to be successful using the WizeTrade software.

They have on many occasions (during my visits to their offices) shown me many ways to "shortcut the explainations" and supposedly make my student training easier. They say that I spend too much time deciphering things that the software already does a good job at. Well IMHO, it's those little things that add validity to what the software does. It also makes for a more market knowledgeable user. Not a perfect one, just a bit more understanding (and hopefully tolerant)! :)

#23     Oct 28, 2002
  4. proptr8r

proptr8r

canyonman00 --- how successful are you using this product?

#24     Oct 28, 2002
  5. EricP

EricP

The only ones 'using' Wizetrade on ET, are those attempting to sell the worthless product, to take money from ET members. Your best bet (on the assumption that you are NOT another Wizetrade affiliated scumbucket) is to look at the software reviews for Wizetrade. You'll find that every software review from a 'real' member is negative, and there are lots of them. You can separate the 'real' members from the creative Wizetrade salesmen by checking the number of posts by the alias used. The only exception to this find method is canyonman, who has lots of posts (all of which pump Wizetrade). Therefore, he is not considered a 'real' member either. Perhaps he should change his alias to 'WizeTradeMan'... Oh, nevermind, then folks might realize he's associated with them, defeating his purpose here...

Best of luck.
    -EricP
    A 'real' member of ET :D

#25     Oct 28, 2002
  6. dottom

dottom

Canyonman hasn't responded to this request yet...

I really don't see how so many people out there can fall for all the slick marketing. Don't they realize that the worse the marketing (i.e. promises of riches, certain buzzword) the more likelihood that they are purchasing snake oil crap?

It's very simple to ask any potential vendor for a verifiable trading statement. They can go ahead and black out all the personal information. Just show one trading statement... *just one*.

#26     Oct 28, 2002
  7. I have had fairly regular success with the product. Initially, I was having trouble deciphering the signals and I quickly realized that there was more to it than I was originally told. I also saw how to deplete a bankroll using just the "red and green - only" logic. But the explanations that I needed were not forthcoming from either the company, the field people or the normal sources that I went to for help.

As I was initially researching to help a client who owned the product, I took it upon myself to find out how to make the best of a bad situation for them. I determined that there needed to be some additional rules and I set out to establish them for myself. Upon doing so, I found that I could use the software to assist me in my trading. So then I purchased a copy.

A few months later, after sufficient paper trading, I set up a small account ($35,000) and started actual trading. After a little theory/logic fine tuning, I trained some others who owned the software to use it to augment their strategies. Since then, I've increased that account's capitalization. I use WizeTrade for approximately 80% of my overall purchasing decisions.

WARNING - There is more to it than just RED and GREEN light checking. Understand this early here. If you have no underlying logic/strategy for your trading, this product will get you into a loss posture VERY quickly. Contrary to advertising and infomercials, there is a software/trading/logic learning curve.

Now with that said, I have had consistent success with MY use of the product. I am not advocating, nor dissuading, the purchase of the WizeTrade products. I am merely stating MY personal experience with it. Hope this helps! :)

#27     Oct 28, 2002
  8. "Slick" marketing. I try my best not to be so negative when I see a thread about this company or product.
    But that infomercial is so ridiculous and stupid I really don't see how anyone can buy into it. It really puts me into some kind of depression............red light green light......you too can make thousands of dollars from your own home.
    This is where the "day trader" stigma comes from.

#28     Oct 28, 2002
    #29     Oct 28, 2002
  10. dottom

dottom

Of your 224 posts, do you know how many have to do with WizeTrade?

BTW, how much do you charge for "training" others on how to use WizeTrade?

And if a WizeTrade user wanted to pay for your services, are you willing to show trading statements to backup the success you've had with the software?

#30     Oct 28, 2002