wizard Lessons

Discussion in 'Trading' started by adadadog, Jan 8, 2010.

1. GE2009

GE2009

Well...you must have not read the book, because a major theme is the little success and more times than not, massive failure early in (later very successful) trader's careers.

#11     Jan 10, 2010
  2. well, those success stories are the exceptions. majority of traders fail, about 99%. This is a very harsh reality i have to accept. Not accepting something that is 99% going to happen is stupid.

So quitting is a wise choice.

On ET you often find some posters who registered many years ago still searching for the holy grail. Those are the lost souls in the market. Those lost souls refuse to accept the reality of failure, and cannot make peace with themselves. They are still wandering on ET expecting for some miracle to happen, like a ghost of past that haunts a house in which he or she died a tragic death, beheaded violently by a sharp knife perhaps, or hanged himself in the attic........

sometimes they are too ashamed of their ancient registration time, they re-registered in the new year........ But they are the same old ghosts, lost souls searching for an end.......

Rest in peace, lost souls of the market.

Just Quit, OK! wake up!! 99% lose, don't you get it??

#12     Jan 10, 2010
  3. GE2009

GE2009

Keep your head up, and good luck.

#13     Jan 10, 2010
  4. Jack Schwager should sue you for libel. He admitted he never had made more than $100,000 in his trading but I would hardly call that a failure or someone who lost all his money. He was a smart guy and leveraged the notoriety he received from writing the three boks into managing money. At one time I believe he was managing over 100 Million but much of that was from one client. When that client left he closed down the fund and last I heard (years ago) opened up a fund of funds allocating money to different hedge funds. I also saw where another marketeer in conjunction with Jack was offering a $700 video trading course.
    While I didn't approve of that, I could understand it was just another case of him leveraging his brand name from the authorship of his best selling books.

#14     Jan 11, 2010