Withdrawal limit issues with new EU IB entities ? Limited to cash available ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by luisHK, Apr 16, 2021.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Hi
    I ve sent a ticket to IB several days ago regarding this issue but got no reply.
    My account was moved to IB IE earlier this year and noticed 2 weeks ago when checking the withdrawal page, the system shows only the cash available in the currency to be wired out as available, so say my account shows 1 million euros available funds, but I own 20k Eur in cash and 100k in USD, I can wire 20k euros max or 100k usd.
    Same amount with or without using margin.
    Wondering whether it has something to do with the inability to do forex transactions on the new accounts except to convert currency, maybe they call it a margin account but negative balances are not allowed ? I checked and I still have a margin account, but don't have any negative balance, so hard to know.
    Talked last week to an IB rep who told me to chose the software problem in the menu if I called only for that particular issue ( there was another one, more pressing, when I called), so might send another ticket there.
    Anybody noticed a change in their withdrawal limits once their account was moved ?
    I

2. blink18

blink18

Yes, they told beforehand that borrowing funds for withdrawals won't be possible anymore with IBIE, IBLUX, IBCE.

"Please note that IBIE offers financing for securities and commodities trades but cannot support withdrawals of borrowed funds. You will be free to withdraw any free cash not needed to support your open positions. If you would like to withdraw additional funds, you can sell positions and withdraw the proceeds."
    https://ibkr.info/node/3550

Fain, luisHK and virtusa like this.