withdraw money from my forex account?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kooltrader, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Withdraw everything.

Not only you'll lose it all trading (if you don't they'll "help" you by bucketing).

Besides Forex is barely regulated against frauds and in case of bankruptcy of the firm.

#31     Aug 27, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

All of that CASH is already accounted for and has a paper trail, so send it in in one shot, and stop feeling like you stole it. Piece mealing it to avoid suspicion is only going to raise eyebrows and set off flags, so one transfer is fine or monthly to pay bills is also fine.

There is a record of it going in to the account and a P&L record, no?

#32     Aug 27, 2009
  3. question about forex. When trading forex do what tax do you pay on the gains. Was wondering if they tax advantaged like futures.

#33     Aug 27, 2009
  4. Don't worry much about profits in forex anyway, most lose.

And if you don't brokers will "help" you to lose by changing quotes.

#34     Aug 28, 2009
  5. Sounds like you are bitter. Possible because you've tried trading FOREX and lost, and now nobody can do it? Just thinking out loud here.

#35     Aug 28, 2009

6. I am not trying to profit from Forex, just thinking of using it as a hedge. I am deciding whether to use forex or FX futures to accomplish this. Futures I know have tax advantages, just asking whether forex does as well.

#36     Aug 28, 2009
  7. Welcome to the Fx forum crtroll!

#37     Aug 28, 2009
  8. Just fucking ask hem to send the money to you account
    It is so simple
    When the money is transfered the bank already know from where it came
    If you are wiring million $ then it a different
    My broker once told me that in Trading futures if i make more then $100K then they have people watching over me.
    what ever you profit is it will be reported through you ss #
    Unless you have criminal record or something hanky panky is going on then you should be worried

#38     Aug 28, 2009
  9. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

How would withdrawing your money from a forex broker cause you any more concern then if you were withdrawing money from IB or Mirus or Schwaab?

Forex can get the same 60/40 tax treatment that futures get, but you have to file for it:

http://www.greencompany.com/EducationCenter/GTTRecCurrency.shtml

http://www.ibfx.com/ibfxu/catalog/taxes/tax1010.aspx

#39     Aug 29, 2009
  10. Mercor

Mercor

When you make your wire transfer wear a wig, dark sunglasses and a fake mustache. They will never catch you.

#40     Aug 29, 2009