withdraw money from my forex account?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kooltrader, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Great, and so when - if ever - that SAR gets acted upon (we all know it won't, but for argument's sake, lets say it will) the owner of the account says

"I took some of my money out of the market when I perceived risk was coming, and it wasn't until a few weeks later that I determined the risk to be greater than I had thought and removed the rest of it."

Given the fear in today's world, that is not at all an unreasonable answer.

#11     Aug 27, 2009
  2. I will need to look int tis. i don't quiet understand what this is about.
    However as I said my forex account is all legeal. They report all my gain/loss to IRS every year and of course according to that I pay all my taxes.
    The major worry I have is that part of the money in my forex acc came from credit cards and I want to transfer it to my checking account. Would the bank ask me anything?

#12     Aug 27, 2009
  3. Playing stupid and ingorant is not an arguable defense in the eye's of the IRS.

#13     Aug 27, 2009
  4. That's just it. It's not stupid OR ignorant. It's perfectly valid.

#14     Aug 27, 2009
  5. No. Your credit card obligation is separate from the money you're getting back.

#15     Aug 27, 2009
  6. This sounds correct and logical. Let's say a good trader has 500K in his account and needs some money, 100K. So he needs to transfer that into his checking account. Why this would be a problem?

#16     Aug 27, 2009
  7. No. However if you intentionally structure your transactions to avoid reporting limits even legal assets can be forfeited. Thousands of fed wired and ach transfers for many multiples of the amount you are speaking of are cleared daily without a bit of scrutiny.

#17     Aug 27, 2009
  8. Do banks care if you transfer money to them from credit cards?
    I actually did a balance transfer of $9000 to my checking account, but I am wotried about larger amounts, 50K, 80K 0r more.

#18     Aug 27, 2009
  9. why do you believe this about "playing stupid and ingorant"?
    I don't believe it has much to do with IRS anyway, because any trades one places, brokes knows and have records of . So how would you not report that to IRS? You must be nuts not to do it. Brokers send all the trades records to IRS and you as a trader have to summit copies to IRS of any trade. So ITS knows about all your gains or losses , what ever the case is.
    I don't get your point.

#19     Aug 27, 2009
  10. I was refering to the investigation of SARs, suspicious activity reports by the IRS under the Department of Treasury. Not your trades in your brokerage account.

#20     Aug 27, 2009