With Whom Would You File a Complaint to Have Rules Enforced?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mbbd, Aug 18, 2011.

1. mbbd

mbbd

In an individual situation, I mean. Please state if you have any experience with the agency you mention. My understanding is that the SEC won't do anything in individual cases. What about FINRA? Note: the situation is too urgent for arbitration. Thank you.

2. What is the nature of the complaint? Equities needs to go through FINRA, Futures will go through NFA. NFA is generally good in responding, particullarly when it involves missaporpriation of funds, misrepresentations or churning customer accounts.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Is there a link missing to what your referring to?

4. Depends on the exact nature of the "complaint" and what securities were involved. Consult an attorney. And yes, I have experience.

5. mbbd

mbbd

shiphouse and Rodney King, one big-name stock and multiple trades in it, with various violations of rules, especially before the trading to make possible the unfavorable situation. It's really a function of the attitude of the firm. Rodney King, tell me how FINRA acted and message me if you don't want to be public; again, I'm assuming this was when you complained, not arbitration.

6. I have no idea what "various violations of rules, especially before the trading to make possible the unfavorable situation" means. Also I don't do private messages. Please re-read my prior post, and consult a competent attorney. If you can't/ won't pay a couple hundred bucks for such a consultation, I would tend to doubt the strength and merits of your claims.

7. mbbd

mbbd

Would anyone else resond? By the way, there are things a fellow investor might tell you which a lawyer wouldn't, such as FINRA not being worth the time of day if it isn't; I hope it is. Also, lawyers would generally not get involved until and for arbitration, which I made clear is not what I'm discussing.

8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

No one here can give an intelligent response without knowing the details of the complaint.

9. mbbd

mbbd

rmorse, I disagree. Posters could discuss FINRA and the SEC generally or with the info I did provide.

10. Huh? First step is always to consult an attorney as to whether the facts of your case warrant a complaint, and, if so, how best to proceed. I'm not sure if you're dense, of if you're averse to spending a couple hundred bucks, or if you're unable to find a competent attorney, or what... can you clarify?

#10     Aug 21, 2011