With volatility at low levels this rally, investors shouldn't be surprised by a summer sell-off. Eve

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ETJ, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ETJ

ETJ

2. d08

d08

August is rarely a bullish month, I expect some proper volatility.

KevMo likes this.
  3. lindq

lindq

Is there a difference between proper and improper volatility? Just wondering.

4. Overnight

Overnight

I am long one contract in YM, which means the market will now correct for at least 10%. It happens most of the time. So better get yer shorts on.

d08 likes this.
  5. KevMo

KevMo

Dead middle of Summer. Those Senior on desks are likely to begin their vacations in the next week or two. Aug traditionally is a tough month because the whole damn world goes on holiday in August.

Might actually begin in earnest, at least the first leg, after tomorrow's $AMZN & $GOOGL earnings...regardless of how they actually report.

SemiEquip move is stretched. Software & Infotech is REALLY stretched...it's been a magnificent move to date. $XLF names look good but unless we get some more curve steepening they may find it tough sledding. They're BO'ing out all over, let see if this first attempt gets whacked back down.

We shall see. Let's come back to this and see what happens.

6. d08

d08

Figure of speech. I imagined myself British for a moment.

ETJ and fan27 like this.
  7. lindq

lindq

That must have been bloody painful.

d08 likes this.
  8. smallfil

smallfil

Yeah, because hacks on TV never lie? CNBC analysts were pushing a recession and market crash just last month. Right after, the market rallied to new highs! Gold bugs has been pushing the crash narrative since, sometime last year? Okay, precious metals are creeping up but, for other reasons. Indexes pulling back but, the overall trend is still up! I love all these contrarian buy signals. Take your pick, whichever side you want. Both cannot be right!

9. fan27

fan27

I am going to fade this thread.

d08 likes this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Thanks for the update. The Dow futures just erased about 3/4 of their gains in the last half hour

#10     Jul 25, 2019
    noddyboy likes this.