With The Perfect Job Report Could Bears Even Hope To Score?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 2, 2010.

SPY Next Week

Poll closed Apr 9, 2010.
  1. Bullish

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. Flat

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Bearish

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

7 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. S2007S

S2007S

I just want to know when this market will be considered "fairly valued", it seems no matter how high this market goes its never fairly valued according to money managers and analysts alike. It could run up to new highs tomorrow to 14k+ and there would still be people yelling for an even higher move on the markets.

#41     Apr 6, 2010
  2. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

http://decisionpoint.com/ChartSpotliteFiles/100401_cspot.html

#42     Apr 6, 2010
  3. "Greek rescue doubts fuel yields rise

By Jennifer Hughes in London and Kerin Hope in Athens

Published: April 6 2010 19:04 | Last updated: April 6 2010 19:04

Greece’s borrowing costs rose to a record high on Tuesday amid concern in financial markets over the differences between eurozone countries on the details of any rescue. "

the market just does not care about Greece anymore. we are just keep going up everyday.

#43     Apr 6, 2010
  4. jalee25

jalee25

it seems the bulls are sure putting up a fight...

could be wrong... but the end is near... for the bulls (in the current rally anyway)...

#44     Apr 6, 2010
  5. Wake me up when we reach 1200.

Coming to a trading floor near you.

April 19th:

Super Bubble 3. Armageddon

Starring: Bubble Ben Bernanke
    Director: The FED
    Producer: Excessive Liquidity

#45     Apr 6, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I found even more BULLISH news that should take the dow to 11,000 and beyond.

Remember this news is only positive and should bold well for stocks over the next 18-24 months, not only will the markets race to new highs but will also go beyond that once this news is out of the way. Also keep in mind that housing prices should move higher as more foreclosures enter the system, so keep buying houses and keep buying equities, the manipulation to upside continues.

Foreclosures Are Rising
    cnbc.com | April 06, 2010 | 01:37 PM EDT

The new foreclosure wave is here.

Yes, banks are ramping up loan modifications and ramping up short sales and ramping up deeds in lieu of foreclosure, but the plain fact is that as the systems are oiled, the loans are moving through faster, and the pig in the python is showing its face.

We won't get the numbers until next week, but sources tell me they will likely be a new monthly record.

Tens of thousands of loans have been hitting the "notice of trustee sale" bin, and that means they are coming to foreclosure.

The actual foreclosure numbers have been down recently because of all the modification efforts, but as we see more loans not qualifying for modifications and more loans defaulting on modifications, the foreclosure numbers rise.

And this is just the beginning.

All the uniform policies and practices that the government has put in place, whether on modifications or short sales, will quicken the process. Foreclosures, which can now take 2 years plus to complete, will happen in less than a year, start to finish.

Clearly the Administration knew of the impending rise in foreclosures, as it revamped its modification, refinance and short sale programs last month, increasing incentives all around and pushing for principal write down. The big question of course is how will the new wave affect home prices, especially in the hardest hit markets.

I pushed Fannie Mae's chief economist Doug Duncan on this in an interview today on the mortgage giant's new National Housing Survey. He cited the over 5 million mortgages out there that are seriously delinquent, and said that while the 30-day delinquencies seem to have peaked, "certainly some of the foreclosure backlogs are working their way through the system at this point." He also said home prices will dip again before hitting bottom later this year.

Yesterday we saw a big bump in the Realtors' Pending Home Sales Index, but my sources tell me that was largely driven by contracts on short sales, which have a far lower rate of closing than regular sale contracts. Estimates are that only about 35 percent of short sale contracts go to closing versus 80 percent of conventional sale contracts.

The home buyer tax credit deadline is 24 days away, and that is pushing some of the numbers up, but not as much as some had hoped.

Credit Suisse's Dan Oppenheim noted an uptick in buyer traffic in March thanks to the credit, but his survey of real estate agents found, "buyers remain hesitant due to employment concerns. Most of the demand occurred at the low-end of the market."

#46     Apr 6, 2010
  7. Buy the dip!

#47     Apr 7, 2010
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

Problem with your view:
    1) If you are an investor, you can't short for the long term. You could get squeezed, you have to pay for the borrow or the put premium.
    2) If you are a trader, the constant bad news posting about the economy (vs the market) doesn't matter. What matters is the short term money flows.

#48     Apr 7, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Financials leading for the 275th day in a row!!!

At new intraday highs only minutes after the markets open down.

Notice how the market opens down, comes back to being flat, rallies to the upside trades flat the rest of the day and by 3pm rallies to close near the highs of the day.

Every single time the markets open to the downside you can feel them pushing it as hard as they can to the upside.

#49     Apr 7, 2010
  10. strange: SPY -0.45%, TLT -0.15%

where does the money go? cash?

#50     Apr 7, 2010