With The Perfect Job Report Could Bears Even Hope To Score?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 2, 2010.

SPY Next Week

Poll closed Apr 9, 2010.
  1. Bullish

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. Flat

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Bearish

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

7 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. alternatively, the big sell-off may be postponed until the fall:

"Former Deputy Defense Minister Says Israel May Be Compelled To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities By November
    Tyler Durden's picture
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/05/2010 21:19 -0500

Who would have thought that Obama's fate would be decided not by his passage of the "historic" healthcare reform, or his pathological inability to disengage from the kleptos on Wall Street, or even the exponential growth in the US debt, but by what is shaping up to be a November (potentially Nuclear) D-Day out in the middle east. Pakistani newspaper The Nation, quotes former Israeli defense minister Ephraim Sneh, who in an Op-Ed in Haaretz, says that "Israel will be compelled to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities by this November unless the US and its allies enact crippling sanctions that will undermine the regime in Tehran.""

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/fo...be-compelled-attack-irans-nuclear-facilities-

#31     Apr 6, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Speaking of jobs does anyone find this to be true,

Lawmakers argue Beijing deliberately holds down the value of its yuan currency to boost Chinese exports, unfairly harming U.S. companies and costing American jobs.

Critics of this stance point to evidence from 2005-08, which was the last time China let the yuan rise.

#32     Apr 6, 2010
  3. #33     Apr 6, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

thanks aj

#34     Apr 6, 2010
  5. Careful, or I'll move this to politics and religion and you can chat it out with the loonies.

#35     Apr 6, 2010
  6. ammo

ammo

shortie was that your earthquake map yesterday, the mideast was prime area for earthquakes

#36     Apr 6, 2010
  7. when the pullback does take place i am sure there will be some sort of a major negative news.

Jan-Feb sell-off appeared to be Greece driven. Now Greece is forgotten and we are at new highs every day. But Greece was never in danger of not being rescued in the first place (naturally EU would throw any money at Greece to protect EUR). So not much changed fundamentally with respect to Greece but the market made -10% and >+10%.

#37     Apr 6, 2010
  8. as long as governments have stakes to sell, expect markets to be propped

#38     Apr 6, 2010
  9. VIX hit the lowest level since ~ May 2008. longs have no fear whatsoever. will they get punished? they should, but they may just get away with it, who knows.

#39     Apr 6, 2010
  10. it is interesting how many tiny short edges pop up every day (several mentioned in this thread: call/put, VIX, bond/spy) yet the market keeps going higher. will these small edges lead to a small sell-off (~ average predicted by each edge) or will we get a giant dump? or am I totally naive to EVEN ASSUME that we should get ANY SELL-OFF?

#40     Apr 6, 2010