With the ES around, why trade forex?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Apr 28, 2011.

1. pauk

pauk

lol, lost count of the number of times i've heard that! People were saying that at 1000ES and they'll be saying it at 1600 ES.

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. cvds16

cvds16

yeah yeah, heard that kind of crap too many times ... problem is I am doing this from before you were probably born and know over 30 people personally that have blown their accounts trading futures ... so I kinda of getting good at predicting who's going to do it lol

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. My fav quote

"Everything always works... Till it doesn't..."

#13     Apr 28, 2011
  4. cvds16

cvds16

I've been through 1987; 1989; the first Asian crisis, the second Asian crisis, the year 2000, and the last one was 2008 those things pretty much weeded all the guys out with the big mouths in my circle of acquintances :D

#14     Apr 28, 2011
  5. np.

Poster comes in, makes a thread implying that trading is easy because "all you have to do is look at this one simple thing" (you know, the thing that is so simple that everyone else in the world misses it... and which he is probably willing to sell to you for the low low price of $47 if you act now!).

All you need are "the right sentiment indicators." Trading is so easy! We are all millionaires!!!!

[​IMG]

#15     Apr 28, 2011
  6. cvds16

cvds16

One of the guys I know made about 22 million euro's trading index futures (he used to be one of the biggest locals in europe)... he started with about 50K and he gave all of his profits back in the end ... he thought he was King of the pit for a while ... but it was bound to happen to him as he was merely gambling big time... all of this happened over the timespan of about nine years so it can take a while before reality sets in with some people :) in the end it always does if they got no real edge ...

#16     Apr 30, 2011
  7. cornix

cornix

Better volatility, more technical market, less bots = less noise. And liquidity is way enough for 99.99% of ET members. :D

#17     Apr 30, 2011
  8. 222bc

222bc

I have not traded FX but I am trading the FX futures.
    I prefer trading the FX futures over ES because I am a pattern trader and I often got restless waiting for the right entry.
    In the small universe of FX futures there is always something setting up.

Was it not for the favorable tax treatment I would be in FX.

cheers, bc

#18     Apr 30, 2011
  9. Well...he has one thing going for him...a whopping big tax credit for the future.....:D :D

NiN

#19     Apr 30, 2011
  10. cvds16

cvds16

ha, I am afraid not ... he did this through a company structure, that company went bankrupt off course ... so no tax benefits ...

#20     Apr 30, 2011