With the ES around, why trade forex?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I do not get it. The ES has very deep liquidity and a directional bias. (bull market vs bear market). Starts of bull markets tend to be easy to determine if you look at the right sentiment indicators (i.e. dumb money). In forex, there is no steady long term trend to base your day trading on. However, it seems that since around 2002 (corporate accounting scandals) forex has been marketed as the solution to many investor's problems. There is, however, no reason to abandon index futures.

2. jokepie

jokepie

R&R ratios (due to leverage)

3. Sorry. Can you explain further please?

4. Elaborate with quantifiable examples of why trading is as simple as you claim it is.

Silly noobs! Losing money with indicators, fibonacci, MACD, stochastics, ergodic, RSI, stupid money management rules, pyramind winners, average down on losers, hedging, options, wasting all their time. All they need to do is look at the right sentiment indicators. It's so easy!

[​IMG]

5. Ummm, sentiment indicators include: MACD, stochastics, ergodic, and RSI.

Money management rules ensure you live to play another day.

The rest, well I agree.

6. pauk

pauk

I had trouble trading fx, and I also am not good on oil, but i've been killing the ES everyday for quite a while now after learning some stuff from the only consistently profitable traders in the ESjournal who only ever go long. Its awesome. Dips WILL be bought due to the nature of the market and the Government manipulation.

7. I think you missed the sarcasm.

8. who is the only consistent winning trading on elite?

9. cvds16

cvds16

I really hope for your sake the above remarks were meant as a joke with a bizarre twist :eek: :confused: if not it's not a matter of if, but more of when and how spectacularly you blow up !

10. Sorry, I spend a lot of time down in the ET basement:D

Attack mode: off

#10     Apr 28, 2011