With regards to quantitative easing, printing, etc, does this mean the US will go the way of Japan?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by CyJackX, Feb 8, 2021.

1. CyJackX

CyJackX

Apparently Japan tried this and their currency went into deflation, despite all the typically inflationary activity from the Bank of Japan. Why?

stochastix likes this.
  2. Not Japan. Zimbabwe, Argentina, Venezuela, Turkey, Weimar Germany, Rome, others.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    zghorner and murray t turtle like this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

The yen did not decline though.

4. zdreg

zdreg

Japan, unlike the US, does not have a vast useless underclass.

damon_achey likes this.
  5. America will be fortunate if the damage done is limited to "Japan-like".

zdave83 likes this.
  6. %%
    NOT japan/ i doubt if US auto auto makers ever do as good a job as HMC,TM ,Datsun/Nissan.
    US does have ''free'' unquote, gov health care\ gov trainrides like Germany.
    But one has to be dumb enough to get on a trainwreck to get trainwrecked/gassed.
    I'm reading about Hitler now. He is the kind of crook to keep a pistol, shoot his sisters kid, + outlaw guns for Germany.Too bad Germany had no NRA/NRA-ILA, or govs with guts.

I wish Americans were as friendly as Argentina, but i dont blame TX for stopping Feds in court concerning border.The Ruger guns made in Mexico are worth much more, hard to predict/LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. zdreg

zdreg

From your mouth to god's ears.

8. toc

toc

Take 1/3rd worth of the Top 1% Americans and roughly 40% of US debt is cancelled out.
    All along the top 1% will not starve !!!
    US economy will get an extension for 20 years or so.

New data from the U.S. Federal Reserve, a comprehensive look at U.S. wealth through the first half of 2020, show stark disparities by race, age and class. While the top 1% of Americans have a combined net worth of $34.2 trillion, the poorest 50% — about 165 million people — hold just $2.08 trillion, or 1.9% of all household wealth.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...e-us-are-worth-as-much-as-poorest-165-million

9. bone

bone

Well, Japan has an insanely high gross government debt-to GDP ratio. That's the metric that the US is heading for.

zdave83 and CyJackX like this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

For some reason here in the US the fed can play any situation or game they want And like magic main Street and wallstreet have a continous one sided party.

#10     Feb 8, 2021