With friends like these...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gord, Oct 25, 2008.

1. William Weld, Former Republican Governor of Massachusetts

“Sen. Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate who will transform our politics and restore America’s standing in the world.”

#41     Oct 26, 2008
  2. Ken Adelman, Famous Republican Advisor to Reagan

"When the economic crisis broke, I found John McCain bouncing all over the place. In those first few crisis days, he was impetuous, inconsistent, and imprudent; ending up just plain weird,"

#42     Oct 26, 2008
  3. huh

huh

LOL...gimme a break. You asked for an association and I gave you an association.....and I've never had Kool Aid in my life....get some originality. The great O'Reilly already brought that phrase to the mass media.

#43     Oct 26, 2008
  4. I think things are starting to come together for me regarding how an inexperienced commie like Obamanation could get on the fast track to the presidency. He is owned by George Soros!! I'm convinced that Soros manipulated things all along up to and including the timing of the credit crisis. In the past he messed up the British Pound and got Thatcher to resign, he hates the US conservatives same as those jerks that are Obama's friends, it all fits... besides he must be making a fortune with the currency trades he can do in this brand new highly volatile situation... the article is too long to cut and paste here but worth a look...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/hedge_funds_politics_and_the_m.html

#44     Oct 26, 2008

5. Thanks for the link-- very thought provoking. I have considered this as a possibility myself. I have thought for some time that Soros has a hidden agenda. Anybody that he supports gives me reason enough to RUN the other way!

#45     Oct 26, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

If you think choosing a president is just a game, I guess you win by choosing his grandmother. But don't you think it is a little odd that Barack Obama has to disassociate himself from almost everyone he has ever been associated with in order to get enough votes to win the presidency? No, I guess not. As long as his grandmother will vouch for him that's good enough, huh? You certainly seem to think that the office of the presidency is cheap.

#46     Oct 27, 2008
  7. Gord

Gord

I don't which is more scary, a political system that allows for meddling in the market which creates these subprime mortgages, or a financial system that has no way of protecting itself from a marauder like Soros. But I do know that Barack Obama is a friend of both - now that is truly terrifying...

#47     Oct 27, 2008
  8. huh

huh

Of course these elections are a game. You look at these two candidates and its like watching a couple of 10 year olds fighting and bickering while the country is crumbling around them. All the pointless edited commercials and half truths being spread by both parties....yeah it is a game.

The problem I have with your post along with most of the pointless hate mongering posts on ET are that they are counterproductive. You provide a list of a holes but you never answer the question "So What?" All you've told me is that Obama is a politician who knows crooks....what politician doesn't?Can you provide any real proof that Obama is going to give cabinet positions to any of these people? When non-repubs read this they assume that you are presuming that Obama will support terrorism, Hamas, black panthers, etc when he becomes president.....but there is no proof that Obama plans to send money to Hamas or any of the other stuff. So the VERY IMPORTANT independent voter assumes that this is just more desperate attempts from McCain and they flock to Obama. Rather than spending time on showing the independents how Obama's policies will effect an individual, you are instead resorting to a smear campaign....which just isn't working!

A person losing his/her job or home doesn't give a rats ass about Obama's past relationships they want to know about his future working relationships in the white house and how the gummint is gonna save their homes and jobs. So no I don't care about his past friends or McCains past friends unless you can show me that these a holes are gonna get cabinet positions and my tax dollars are going to pay their lowlife salaries.

And no the presidency is not cheap, thats why anyone that isn't at least a millionaire will ever be president. These clowns running our government haven't had to worry about balancing their check books in years which explains why they can't seem to balance our countries check book.

#48     Oct 27, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

Simple answer:

Obama's whole life is example after example of him being attracted to "a holes" as you say, and them being attracted to him. Why do you think that will stop just because he becomes president.

And it is not only that he associates with "a holes" - it is that he is one of them himself. He is the biggest "a hole" out there - but like most of these "a holes", he's a smooth talker and you've been mesmerized...

#49     Oct 27, 2008
  10. McCain said that Obama is a decent fellow, a good citizen and a good family man, presumably because Obama is a decent fellow, a good citizen and a good family man.

The Republicans didn't realize that they had created such extremist followers -- they're now out of control, exaggerating and smearing as much as possible and utterly drowning out any policy message that the Republicans once had. There's no closing Pandora's box now.

You followers are so out of control that you've become parodies of yourselves -- little Rush Lmbaughs, shrieking at everything and every topic. No compromise -- even to the point of McCain having to take the microphone away from his own extremist followers.

The extremists are not just damaging Republican levels in current polls -- the entire future of the Republican Party is at stake. At this point Obama is polling equal to McCain with NASCAR fans. If that doesn't tell you that its over, nothing will.

The Republican party would like to get back on issues, but it can't. It can't control the evangelicals who demand control over the party (thus Palin) and it can't control the extremists who keep up the personal attacks on even the most minute topics even as the voters are repelled by it.

The best part is, like a rabid pitbull, or a survivalist with a gun, I can post this to you and you'll never recognize yourself nor change your behavior, because you can't.

#50     Oct 27, 2008