With friends like these...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gord, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Gord

Gord

Well we'll see it, but the Kool Aid drinkers will believe the media when they blame everything that goes wrong on Bush and the partisanship of Republicans.

#21     Oct 26, 2008
  2. It isn't the "media." The same old same old GOP playbook is obsolete. Spouting the same old messages (such as guilt by association) doesn’t consistently work anymore, even in some of the nation’s reddest districts.

The loss of three straight special elections, in once solidly Republican districts cannot be explained simply by “bad candidates”, the media, or by being out-organized. They are canaries in the coal mine.

The political atmosphere facing House Republicans this November is the worst since Watergate and is far more toxic than the fall of 2006 when they lost thirty seats (and the majority) and came within a couple of percentage points of losing another fifteen seats.

Without some meaningful changes in direction, the GOP is heading for losses bordering on another twenty seats in the House and up to a half dozen Senate seats.

The Republican brand is in the trash can. If it were a dog food, they would take it off the shelf.

#22     Oct 26, 2008
  3. Gord

Gord

And another:

Abongo (Roy) Obama - Barack's brother

Marxist, radical Muslim, anti-Semite

#23     Oct 26, 2008
  4. Alright, stay on that meme.

It's your loss.

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. Gord

Gord

Can you name me one long term associate of Obama's that is not on the scoundrel list? :confused:

#25     Oct 26, 2008
  6. John McCain

It's too bad you're too stupid to understand the previous post.

#26     Oct 26, 2008
  7. Gord

Gord

Too bad for you and your Kool Aid drinking buddies you mean... [​IMG]

John McCain?!? [​IMG]

#27     Oct 26, 2008
  8. I'm going to repost this in case someone with two neurons to rub together wants to take a crack at it:

It isn't the "media." The same old same old GOP playbook is obsolete. Spouting the same old messages (such as guilt by association) doesn’t consistently work anymore, even in some of the nation’s reddest districts.

The loss of three straight special elections, in once solidly Republican districts cannot be explained simply by “bad candidates”, the media, or by being out-organized. They are canaries in the coal mine.

The political atmosphere facing House Republicans this November is the worst since Watergate and is far more toxic than the fall of 2006 when they lost thirty seats (and the majority) and came within a couple of percentage points of losing another fifteen seats.

Without some meaningful changes in direction, the GOP is heading for losses bordering on another twenty seats in the House and up to a half dozen Senate seats.

The Republican brand is in the trash can. If it were a dog food, they would take it off the shelf.

#28     Oct 26, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

C'mon you wiener liberals! Name for me just one long term associate of Barack Obama who is not on the scoundrels list. You know - somebody who could stand in front of the cameras and say:

"I have known Barack Obama for such and such a years, and I put my integrity on the line by vouching for Barack Obama."

Just one friend? :confused:

#29     Oct 26, 2008
  10. Gord

Gord

It's not worth wasting two good neurons on.

How about a serious answer to my question? One friend? :confused:

#30     Oct 26, 2008