With Central Banks now openly buying stocks, how can the Bull end?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Ash1972

Ash1972

Refer to my previous point about the history of central bank gold purchasing. Why would it be any different for shares?

#41     Apr 28, 2013
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

The original question was: "With central banks now buying stocks, how can the bull end?"

This is ass backwards.

The fact that central banks are now buying is itself a strong indication the bull IS ENDING.

#42     Apr 28, 2013
  3. clacy

clacy

Agreed....

This seems like a desperate measure that means one of two outcomes:

1- There has been a paradigm shift in monetary theory that wasn't possible previously when we were tied to a gold standard, but now Central Banks will be able to engineer an out come regardless of fundamentals, demographics, productivity, debt levels, etc...... (very unlikely IMO)

-or-

2- This will end rather badly....... (This is the way I'm leaning, but don't know when it will end. I have yet to see anything that would cause me to get out of the market however, but I'm on high alert and getting nervous)

#43     Apr 28, 2013
  4. Door number one is alchemy.

#44     Apr 28, 2013
  5. All bull markets will have to come to an end, the question is just when and how. At some point the DOW will probably be 10k again, and at some point it might even be 20k. We don’t know – with the Fed pumping in a lot of liquidity, it would not surprise me if we kept going higher though.

#45     Apr 29, 2013
  6. On the other had door number two could still be far into the future and many points higher.

#46     Apr 29, 2013
  7. On the other had door number two could still be far into the future and many points higher.

#47     Apr 29, 2013
  8. Butterball

Butterball

There is no training, classroom or otherwise, that can prepare you for trading the last third of a move, whether it's the end of a bull market or the end of a bear market.

-- Paul Tudor Jones

#48     Apr 29, 2013
  9. Love it.

Just imagine if T-Bills went back to 4% - 5%, where they were 6 years ago. Stocks would collapse, probably drop 50%.

I don't follow the stuff that closely, but Quantitative Easing is probably completely illegal and unconstitutional. It is really a spending program, which are always supposed to originate in the House of Representatives.

And it is doing nothing for dollar stability or increasing employment, which are the only mandates the FED has. Raison d'etre, so to speak.

#49     Apr 29, 2013
  10. I agree the liquidity won’t be sustainable forever… Eventually the Fed will have to pull out of the markets at which point in time we’ll get a real test of the economy

#50     Apr 30, 2013