with $2000 can i trade the ES , NQ , YM

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ksonsinc, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Well i guess $2000 to $3000 is good.
    But can some one give me an example
    If i buy the ym and the down fall 80 points how much would i have lost $
    Also zeroline do u need a broker for it or what - ?
    Everyone thks for your post
    Information is great power

#31     Nov 30, 2005
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

80 x $5 = $400

#32     Nov 30, 2005
  3. zeroline will work with Interactive Brokers so you will need to open an account with Interactive brokers first.

You can then use zeroline trader to connect through interactive brokers and start doing simulation trading.

Each point that the YM goes down, it's multiplied by 5. Here's the list of multipliers for every point (not tick):

1) YM = $5.00
    2) NQ = $20.00
    3) ES = $50.00
    4) ER2 = $100

While these are futures, every point drop on the DOW doesn't necessarily mean a one point drop on the YM although they follow each other pretty close so you should assume that for simplicity's sake.

#33     Nov 30, 2005
  4. I have seen the Ninja trader Dom and the zeroline Dom
    Which one of them do you trade and perfer and is there any major difference in them
    i think to trade the future the Dom Sim is the best platform
    Do let me know

#34     Nov 30, 2005
  5. Trading future I recommend using the DOM. I've never tested Ninja Trader but I've seen the demo and I think it's pretty neat. For me though, Zeroline Trader is good enough. It's only 60 bucks a year compared to hundreds per month with Ninja Trader.

I'm sure some people will swear by NT but ZLT does what I want it to do.

#35     Nov 30, 2005
  6. Well i guess Zeroline looks preety decent and a good broker would be IB as i can trade futures stock and options
    thnak for all the advice:D

#36     Nov 30, 2005
  7. IB has very good rates so it is perfect for small fishes like us :) good luck!

#37     Nov 30, 2005
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

dom side-by-side, I prefer NJ DOM on right but let hear it from zero people

• dom.gif
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views:
    #38     Nov 30, 2005
  9. nkhoi,

you can add buttons to ZLT so you can have reverse, close, buy, sell, etc...

I personally don't doubt NT has more features than ZLT but for the cost, ZLT is perfect for people like me who continously scale in and out so I don't need instant access to default contract size in one click.

I think if anyone is curious, feel free to go to the software recommendation pages... there's also avid fans of Buttontrader although I'm not one of them :)

#39     Nov 30, 2005
  10. Well Nkhoi
    thk for the post
    they both look good to me but i guess NJT is quite expense comparing to Zeroline and i am just a tiny fish not even a small fish ehehheheeheh
    any way i greatly appreicate all the information if there is any other information please do let me know:)

#40     Nov 30, 2005