Witch Pelosi To Be On 60 Minutes :-)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 9, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Indications from the Beltway media world are that 60 Minutes is preparing to air a segment exploring legislative actions House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi oversaw that might have benefited her husband's stock investments.

According to multiple news reports, 60 Minutes reporter Steve Kroft sprang a number of questions on Pelosi at a recent press conference in Washington, D.C. about why legislation affecting credit-card swipe fees was not brought to the floor of the house for a vote late in 2008.

Earlier that year, Pelosi's husband, San Francisco businessman Paul Pelosi, purchased between $1 and $5 million in Visa stock. Visa, based in San Francisco, was undergoing a large IPO.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/11/pelosi_visa_60_minutes.php

2. JamesL

JamesL

I wish I could believe it is going to be a hatchet job, but based on years of bias from the network and that program, I doubt it. I am sure, tho, that they will find a way to pin it of the Republicans.

3. Congress is exempt from "insider trading" rules. Why not "front running" or any other malfeasance as well?

(Trading on inside information is considered a form of THEFT from the seller... a crime if done by a common citizen... but perfectly OK of done by a member of Congress.)

:mad: :mad:

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

...or Bush.

5. pspr

pspr

But 99% of the viewers of 60 Minutes don't know that. They're going to be pissed when they find out.