Wise words from a wise man...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by annaland, Apr 25, 2008.

1. I like the way you guys hijack the thread to talk about matters of importance.

Gotta back up the JD Single Barrel call. Hands down best whiskey for your buck. Maker's is solid too, but I can confirm the "gimmicky" culture of the brand after having toured the distillery. I guess it doesn't matter since they seem to keep the quality up.

#11     Apr 25, 2008
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Yea, the single-barrel is turning into my favorite. I walked pass it for a while in the stores, then gave it a try one night, Very nice, nice taste, not over powering, somewhat smoother than the original JACK, less of the "sour mash" taste. I like the bottle design as well.

I am glad you got it right, it is a whiskey. Some people try to lump them all together, Jim Beam, Old Grandad others are Bourbons, ,, of course only the true afficianados would know the difference..lol..

Speaking of Beam, it is good as well, kinda gives me flashbacks to college days, not much into Jimmy Beam these days.

EF

#12     Apr 25, 2008
  3. I personally can't drink Beam, perhaps because it really suffers by comparison to other bourbons, but probably because I abused it in college. I can't really enjoy drinking something that I have thrown up so many times.

But some of Jim Beam's small batch stuff is really good, particularly Basil Hayden.

#13     Apr 25, 2008
  4. Mschlau

Mschlau

I recommend you find a bottle of blantons.

#14     Apr 25, 2008
  5. olias

olias

Wise words from a Budweiser commercial: Real Men of Genius-Mr Pro Sports Heckler Guy

They say that those who can't play, coach. Apparently those who can't coach sit shirtless, six rows back, shouting obscenities...

#15     Apr 25, 2008
  6. It's really all I drink...
    I got sent a bottle of Bakers which is actually even better...

#16     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Buffett was moving into foreign currencies as far back as 2002, has mentioned he doesn't understand much of the financial products out there in the wake of the AIG scandal, and said the rich should be taxed more. Jim Rogers was advocating commodities since 2000 and has moved to Singapore and sees China as the nation to watch. Soros has been funding Democrats against Bush Jr. although it seems he might help McCain this time around.

Is the above still too vague for you?

Stiglitz has served in government before during the Clinton administration. Impression given in his book was he played a more theoretical role versus the pragmatism brought by a Robert Rubin.

#17     Apr 26, 2008