Wisdom on a prop trading career

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ronnym789, Jan 3, 2020.

1. When someone is first starting, I'm guessing it's normal to be wrong more often than being right :).

With that said, it seems like my options are go on my own or try working with a JBO prop firm. Before going on my own, I would like to explore firms that want to see their traders succeed. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

#11     Jan 3, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. notagain

notagain

Try swing trading the NQ daily chart, should have around $20,000 to hold one contract.
    Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 10.02.01 PM.png

#12     Jan 3, 2020
  3. Do you think you can start without big capital? I'm not sure.

#13     Jan 10, 2020
  4. bone

bone

There is the futures prop trading firm business model, but you are going to have to live in the Chicago or NYC area for that.

Futures prop firms that are registered with the CME and ICE are not allowed to risk employee funds - only the firm's capital.

Point being, there are distinct differences between equity and futures/derivatives prop firms.

#14     Jan 15, 2020
  5. I can start and continue to save capital as I learn. It will be harder to manage risk at the beginning. I may have to take more than I would like to.

#15     Jan 15, 2020
  6. That's really good to know. Are derivatives firms the same too where they require the firm's capital to be traded?

#16     Jan 15, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

100% WRONG

#17     Jan 15, 2020
  8. bone

bone

You don’t want to show up at DRW or TransMarket asking that question :banghead: Futures and Swaps are derivatives

#18     Jan 15, 2020